Go to most recent reply

750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

WOW - Antilock brakes demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA8zk_zkdyE&feature=player_embedded

:unsure:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (12 May 2010 17:00)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kinderlingers

May 06

Impressive.........

Reply to this Topic
mobileenoph

Jun 07

mobileenoph says:

ABS

I have anti lock brakes on my Bandit, only ever came into operation once,very impressive.

Reply to this Topic
fred1021

Apr 10

fred1021 says:

very good demo

nice demo :smile

ABS is a GOOD thing i dont get why so many people are against it:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
fred1021

Apr 10

fred1021 says:

yeah surveyor57

i know what you mean no one brakes like that for real

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

It is possible

to panic brake in an emergency situation.

The idea of having ABS is probably a good one, but could also have a negative effect (ie taking increased risks thinking ABS will save your bacon; this isn't the idea of the system).

Personally I'd rather keep my wits about, and avoid using the system as far as possible, though i do know full well there are always going to be unpredictable situations....

Reply to this Topic
londonbill

Apr 10

londonbill says:

Fred

Road conditions like that, combined with todays ultra powerful brakes mean you can lock up the front with very little effort. There are tecniques you can use, but in the heat of the moment, very few people have time to think it through. ABS is a good thing,

Reply to this Topic
fred1021

Apr 10

fred1021 says:

londonbill

yeah im all for abs i wasn't saying its not a good addition to modern bikes , i just think that was a very extreme test , id like to see a more realistic test i.e good combined braking on a normal uneven slippery road and see how the abs helps then.rather than just riding on a wet road and grabbing a load of front and hope and pray you live through it.:smile

Reply to this Topic
londonbill

Apr 10

londonbill says:

Fred

You said that no one brakes like that for real. In ordinary day to day riding, that's true but on a wet greasy road when that dozy pillock in the Volvo pulls out on you and you've nowhere to go, you are going to have to brake like that for real. That's the whole point of this test. To show how effective abs is in a panic brake situation where you've no time to think. I think it's a very realistic test, because exactly this scenario does happen and is the cause of a lot of off's. There was a London courier last year who had exactly this happen to him on a wet road. He got caught out by a pedestrian running across the road, applied a handful, lost the front and slid off to the opposite side of the road where he ended up under the wheels of a coach and of course was dead immediately. (I know this because a friend of mine works for the same firm). The whole point of abs is to bail you out of a situation like this, which is why I believe the video is a good test.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Dazthenewbie

Jul 07

Dazthenewbie says:

Wahey!!

Think im going to opt for ABS next time around, very impressive!!!

Reply to this Topic
JWRPayne

Feb 08

JWRPayne says:

Well...

...MCN did their own comparison test last year with riders of various skills. Very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6kO6ltk3a0

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices