Skip to content

Discuss This Cops get stealth video bike General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Cops get stealth video bike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Cops get stealth video bike

Police have unveiled a Yamaha FJR1300 stealth video bike which will be used to target motorcyclists. The 140bhp plain-back super-tourer is fitted with a high-tech video system that records to DVD and allows officers to add running commentary. The bike will patrol popular biking routes in Cheshire. Cheshire Police’s Sgt Richard Weaver said: “Officers on the unmarked motorcycle will be using...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (13 May 2010 16:50)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Gixer3quarter

Agree with you..I've had an unmarked cop bike catch me up really fast, saw him in my mirror, Rode really close behind me for a few miles and did feel I was being pushed into going faster. I had a gut feeling it was a cop with the manner of his riding and when I'd had enough of being followed, I turned into a parking area, at which point the cop did a u turn and went back to whatever hole he'd been squat in.

This was on the A166 heading towards the east coast in Yorkshire.  Unmarked K1200/1300 BMW.

Reply to this Topic
cardiffmc

Mar 10

cardiffmc says:

not new

Nothing new, they have used unmarked bikes for years.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

TinkerNZ

I think you need to go read my post again sunshine

Reply to this Topic
deadloud

Aug 03

deadloud says:

Thought they were short of money? It never ceases to amaze me how much time, money and manpower the police put into chasing motorists at the same time as pleading poverty and forever demanding more resources. With over a thousand unsolved murder cases in the UK, I would have thought priorities would be the order of the day. Nonetheless ... they can bring that bike up here any time they like and catch a few of the young idiots in cars they can't handle ... that'll leave the roads around here safer for bikers.

Reply to this Topic
Ringoss

Mar 10

Ringoss says:

It does seem like a crazy way to waste money.

Keep an eye out in Durham.  They have a VFR1200 in black/silver which went past me yesterday.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Paranoid now

On the A272 coming back from Winchester today I saw a black Daytona 675 with a little pack on the seat hump/saddle and the guy riding it had copper written all over him (but not literally) I might be wrong but keep an eye out 

Reply to this Topic
MattMorris

Sep 09

MattMorris says:

take it on the chin

If you speed and you know you are speeding and you get caught then man up and take your lumps like a big boy. Moaning  about getting caught by underhanded means doesn't make you any less guilty. But it would be nice to see a few twatty motorists getting 3 points for drivinng without due care off an unmarked bike, Might make them use their wing mirrors for once.

Reply to this Topic
cascadeair

Nov 05

cascadeair says:

Ride smarter

Maybe a cars being pulled over is a better use. If they think a bike might be a plain-clothes cop, they might respect all bikers more. As to bikes being pulled, Darwin says if you speed without care, you will get caught.

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

good

maybe it will catch some of those that ride like complete twats and think they have some sort of right to do so.

if it is to be used as was said then good on them, at least there will be discresion involved unlike those cameras.

Reply to this Topic
stevekwak

Feb 10

stevekwak says:

arryace

Your obviously a PIG!

You commented on the other story about the lad having his bike nicked and the cops saying "go collect it yourself or pay £150" Your obviously a cop so go ride your bike into a wall, the police seem to break the law more than us lot anyway Speeding, illegal parking, Wife bashing etc... The cops are the biggest criminals around nowadays.

yet they always seem to get away with doing stuff wrong, whats the saying "police look after their own"

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices