Skip to content

Where to Ride DUNSTABLE DOWNS - Saturday, 5th June Meets, routes and tours (UK)

You are in... Forums > Where to Ride > Meets, routes and tours (UK) > DUNSTABLE DOWNS - Saturday, 5th June

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

DUNSTABLE DOWNS - Saturday, 5th June

Following on from the last event, which was rather cold and wet, here's the next ride-out from the Downs to get you all excited.  :smile

The route will be a round trip of 200 miles, or so, from the Downs and back, with a lunch stop, of course.  Expect lots of fast sweeping A and B roads, as they're my favourite.  :winkie:

Meet up at 10am for a 10:30am departure, with a full tank of juice, in the usual car park (see the link below).  There'll be no hanging around for late comers, so you'll have to catch up!  :biggrin:

[url]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=51.867461,-0.536825&daddr=&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=19&sll=51.867452,-0.536951&sspn=0.001183,0.00235&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=19[/url]

Right, start praying for sunny weather.  :lol:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (14 May 2010 12:03)

Post a message in Meets, routes and tours (UK)

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Come On Everybody

No one interested on this forum?  :huh:

The route I have planned is full of fantastic roads.  :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
JesteR6

Jan 08

JesteR6 says:

5th June

Aaaaaaahhhhhh I hate you Craig.

STOP putting ride-outs on days when I'm working.
Hope the weathers crap...lol

Just kidding, have a great ride / time as I'm working that Saturday. Just make sure you book the next one for the 3rd July.

Reply to this Topic
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Next Time

Sorry you can't make it, Stu...it wasn't on purpose, I promise. Pity, as the roads will be perfect for your R6.

There's a high chance that the next one will be on the 3rd July, so hope to see you then.

Reply to this Topic
superpeter

Oct 09

superpeter says:

Ride tomorrow

Hey gents,

Just wanted to reconfirm that this ride still happening tomorrow? I don't know any of you (yet), but my mate and I are relatively new to the UK motorcycle scene and would be great to connect with some folks who know good rides. If the ride is still going ahead we'll join tomorrow!

Cheers,

Peter

Reply to this Topic
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

The Ride Is On

Hi Peter,

This ride-out is definitely on tomorrow, and you're more than welcome to join us.  Look forward to meeting you and your friend tomorrow.  :smile

Reply to this Topic
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Great Day

Nice to see lots of people yesterday..old and new.  Thanks for coming, and glad you all had a good time.

We had some who were new to the cornerman system, and so weren't too confident about where to stop.  It's just a case of experience.  And I forgot to mark a corner myself at one point...whoops!  The mayhem that caused...sorry about that.

I thought about stopping midway on the afternoon run, but was conscious about getting us all back to the Downs at a decent time...but the Visitors Centre was already closed (that place is just a waste of space!).

I'll post the next one soon, and hope to see you all again then (I just need to think up another great route). 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices