Skip to content

Discuss This Bayliss takes one step closer to WSB comeback MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bayliss takes one step closer to WSB comeback

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Bayliss takes one step closer to WSB comeback

Troy Bayliss exceeded all expectations when he completed his scheduled two day test at Mugello this week onboard a development Ducati 1198.  On day one the three time WSB champion completed 60 laps in fully wet conditions posting consistent 2.05 lap times. On day two Bayliss surprised himself and his former crew chief and current Xerox Ducati team boss Ernesto...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 May 2010 12:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

no doubt about it

He defo should not have retired when he did. And if he wants to risk injury then he is capable of making that decision himself. Obviously I would very much hope that Bayliss is NOT injured in any way during his comeback, which must surely now be imminent. Good on ya!

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Any Better

Superbikes are the dogs bollocks at the minute, if Troy comes back it will be possibily the best rider line up in SBK history???

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Wow

Wow

Reply to this Topic
glenndavis06

Feb 08

glenndavis06 says:

if there was a bayliss against spies that would be the greatest line up ever

Reply to this Topic
TeamPunkass

Jan 10

TeamPunkass says:

awesome

I was hoping his lap times would be posted somewhere.

I'd love to see Bayliss back in action - it's definitely a deep field and it'd be interesting to see how the "old man" does ;)

Reply to this Topic
crankysan

Oct 05

crankysan says:

Bring it on !!

Troy vs Nori on same machinery ??? could be interesting, if Nori can get his arse in gear this year

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Bayliss back!!!!!!

Brilliant news this!! Troy is a phenomenon on 2 wheels and as far as I am concerned defintitely hung up his leathers too soon!! Reckon he has a couple of championship wins in him yet. Maybe if he wins next year, we could see him back on a Moto GP bike now that the 1000´s are coming back! Now that would be interesting to see him  going head to head with Spies! Reckon he would have won the Moto GP championship in 2006 if Ducati hadn't given his ride to Gibernau. Well, he proved what he could that year by winning the WSBK championship and wiping the floor with everyone at Cheste in the last race of the year when Rossi dropped it and gave the championship to Hayden. GO TROY GOooooooooo

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

What the ???

His missus must be brickin' it! She obviously doesn't want him losing any more body parts, as nor do I, but the guy has always had skills. If he still enjoys the preparation, training, testing, and occasional severe pain, why not carry on? After all like many greats who had the skill and experience, it isn't literally the number of years under your passport photo that makes a man call it quits, it is all about desire, desire to do what it takes to either enjoy or be successful at what you do. In this game you have to be pretty damn determined and work seriously hard to get anywhere near a world championship grid let alone be a contender. Some would say Troy is obsessed with bike racing yet I say nearer to "possessed" by racing. Obviously Ducati would give him the occasional track day as he just had. For them feed back, for him fun. Apparently not enough fun without 24 or so other goons blasting around the track with him? Troy has the whole "desire" package, and I reckon Ducati will pay handsomely for him to use it! SBK this year is the best it has been for an age and a day. If Troy joins in Ducati will probably get better results and humble fans like me will gain a few more entertainment points. I would normally end by saying roll on 2011, but I am enjoying this year too much and so can wait for any Bayliss is back attacks.

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

Unleash the mongrel!!!!

Go Bayliss! Great news if he's really coming back - a true hardman and top bloke.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

If he does make an expected comeback with the Ducati WSB squad, I wonder who gets the push to accommodate him, Haga maybe?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle