Skip to content

Discuss This Bayliss takes one step closer to WSB comeback MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bayliss takes one step closer to WSB comeback

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Bayliss takes one step closer to WSB comeback

Troy Bayliss exceeded all expectations when he completed his scheduled two day test at Mugello this week onboard a development Ducati 1198.  On day one the three time WSB champion completed 60 laps in fully wet conditions posting consistent 2.05 lap times. On day two Bayliss surprised himself and his former crew chief and current Xerox Ducati team boss Ernesto...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (14 May 2010 12:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Bayliss

I once watched a Tv programme about Troy Bayliss and at the end he said something like "That was Troys world and if you dont like it ( at this point he raised a bottle of beer) then fuck off!". That about sums up this bloke A1 I hope he kicks some bottom

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I think

that was called "Troys Story" and it was produced and narrated by Ewan McGregor. Good quote

Reply to this Topic
perenialnovice

Nov 05

before

I remember Eddy Lawson, about two years after he retired 'Came out of Retirement ' to do Daytona, got paid £100,000 and won it or came second. Then went of to play go-carts rather seriously.

Talent does not go away

Reply to this Topic
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

Actually....

that was his last race(the opening round of AMA Superbike) after calling it a season with Cagiva and 500GP's at the end of 1992.  He was going thru motor after motor during practice and qualifying as the 0W01 engines didnt seem to be holding up.  He did win that race and entered the 1994 Daytona 200 as well, finishing third or fourth I believe.  Those races were to finance his career in Indy-lights....a series a step below  Indy. 

If Bayliss does come back for the remainder of 2010 in June....theres a good chance he could win the title as NO ONE will be there to challenge him.  Sorry UK riders, sorry Max Biaggi....its that simple!  A GREAT rider on the BEST BIKE.....no contest whatsoever.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

very optimistic

V4. Bayliss is is some rider but I doubt that is almost impossible even for Troy

Reply to this Topic
TeamPunkass

Jan 10

TeamPunkass says:

definitely unlikely he's win the title this year

7 races to go, a max of 350 points he could win if he swept the rest of the season, and he'd start 222 down on Haslam if Ducati was able to scramble and get him a team by the next round.

But he could definitely make an impact on the title this year.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ha ha!

Yes Mr Bayliss is a handy pedaler, but you guys do know he's lost more races than he's won don't you?

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Bayliss

Dont think its realistic that he can come back now and turn it around for Ducati, far to late in the day, but next year, think Haga should be looking for a new bike!

Reply to this Topic
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

Even if...

he doesnt win all the races.....he will make everyone in the series seem like amatures.....the mice will play for now....only until the cat comes back.

Reply to this Topic
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

Bring it on !

Come back Troy ! Yeehar, let's stir it all up. Could be just what Leon Haslam needs - Bayliss mixing it up with Biaggi to let him get away. Either way he's pure racer and great for WSB.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices