Skip to content

Discuss This MCN launches iPhone ride tracker General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN launches iPhone ride tracker

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN launches iPhone ride tracker

MCN has created the ultimate pocket Apple iPhone application for all motorcyclists to use to track their ride. The MCN Ride Logger, which launched  this afternoon, uses the same GPS technology seen in many professional datalogger systems to record your location, speed, acceleration and braking continuously through any ride. Click here to buy the MCN Iphone app (requires itunes) Email contact for app help and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (18 May 2010 16:20)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Lagwagon

May 10

Lagwagon says:

Coppers

Cool App, but coppers will be checking your iPhone before they ask for your license!

Reply to this Topic
sjtscott

Aug 02

sjtscott says:

android version yes please

Another request for an android os version please.

Reply to this Topic
Hodgeon46

Nov 09

Hodgeon46 says:

WANTED! Android version please!

I've got a Nokia N97 and would like this for it!

• What about the police?
  • Can your data be permanently deleted?

Reply to this Topic
Hatepylons

May 10

Hatepylons says:

No love for the Droid?

I would definitely download this Application if/when made available for the Android OS.

Reply to this Topic
lswainsbury

Jan 09

lswainsbury says:

Awesome App

I have purchased this on the iPhone and its awesome for £4,99, works really well, a great gadget to play with. I thought about the 'old bill' but you can delete your rides after you have finished (not sure if they remain stored). One thing I will say is that if you could record / transfer or save your rides on your PC! So you could analysis common / favourite rides

Reply to this Topic
Rsix

Sep 07

Rsix says:

Ride tracker

Downloaded the app today and used it on my ride home, albeit on the scooter for the daily commute. It worked a treat. It seemed to be pin point accurate, and tracks every part of your journey and gives you top speed, average speed, distance, G's pulled on acceleration and braking......Now obviously I was on a scooter so the figures weren't very extreme, but I will be using it on the R6 this weekend so will see what it comes up with then. so far so good, and seems to be well worth the £5!

Reply to this Topic
fireflud

Sep 09

fireflud says:

Android!

Android please. Not everyone kisses Apple's backside!

Reply to this Topic
BusaBeater

Aug 02

BusaBeater says:

Re: Marc Potters' Response

My comment on not being thought out very well, is based on the possible seizure and subsequent evidential use by Police, should you be involved in any accident and/or speeding.

To say that is not the norm for Police is a little naive, as there have been a number of occasions where video evidence obtained from a riders' own "on-bike" video, has been used to substantiate a prosecution.

If there was the option not to record certain elements of the data (eg. speeds), then my opinions would certainly change

Let's not forget that the Gatso started out as an aid to a racing driver !

Reply to this Topic
SeanW

Aug 02

SeanW says:

Busabeater

thanks for the explanation - your comments are definitely noted.

As are other comments about where people may want to store any data they record.

At the moment the detailed data is only stored locally on the phone (so once it's been deleted, it's gone for ever). But there's no reason we couldn;t change the options for where you want to store data for future versions - eg download to a PC.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Colzer

Feb 10

Colzer says:

Andorid?

Like several other people, I dont use an iPhone and have an android system. are you going to release it for us no iPhone users?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices