Skip to content

Discuss This MCN launches iPhone ride tracker General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN launches iPhone ride tracker

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN launches iPhone ride tracker

MCN has created the ultimate pocket Apple iPhone application for all motorcyclists to use to track their ride. The MCN Ride Logger, which launched  this afternoon, uses the same GPS technology seen in many professional datalogger systems to record your location, speed, acceleration and braking continuously through any ride. Click here to buy the MCN Iphone app (requires itunes) Email contact for app help and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (18 May 2010 16:20)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shanebmills

Jul 07

shanebmills says:

Great - want more for the money tho'

Good effort - got it.  Bit steep at £4.99 when most apps are 59p.  For £4.99 I want to be able to upload the data to my PC and use it in Excel etc.  Can it do this? Can't see anything for it.

We need waterproof covers for the iPhone - ordered a Dahon one but no stock until mid-June. Got a stem mount to put it on so it sees the sky well. 

What about track-days - how will it plot laps etc?

Keep developing it and I'm sure it'll get to be worth the money.

Reply to this Topic
bicster

Dec 04

bicster says:

Well done MCN, went out on my  ZX-10R last night and logged my ride but forgot it was on and also logged my trip around Morrisons.  Stopped off at the battle cruiser on the way back and remembered it was on, really impressed with it.  Kept me entertained for a good while which is great for someone with the attention span of a goldfish.  It performed faultlessly even though it was in my jacket pocket.  5*'s from me.

Reply to this Topic
barbary

Feb 03

barbary says:

You can email if you like but I won't be able to compare the data again as the next time I'm out is Tuesday to drop the BMW back.

It probably would do more than 2 hours that was a rough guess.  If it's anything like my nokia it'll show almost empty then keep going for ages. 

Reply to this Topic
dirtydi

Apr 10

dirtydi says:

Great app..

I downloaded and tested on Thursday for my ride to work. As a novice learner on an R125...i found it great for seeing where i could improve on a daily basis and also progressing more confidently!

Reply to this Topic
smartroad

Aug 07

smartroad says:

Another iPhone only app :(

Love the sound of this, but not owning an iPhone (due to a pathalogical dislike of Apples overcharged prices), any chance of getting a port onto the Symbian S60 5th or Android (or both would be better!).

Reply to this Topic
gentleman2012

Sep 03

IPhone Tracker

" ..........top speed and peak acceleration/braking figures (including the exact location where these figures were achieved) plus average speed, journey time and distance covered"

So what happens if you get nicked and the police see you've an Iphone? Will they be able to view your tracker to see top speed, route (easily matched with speed limits)etc? Could they end up being used as evidence like video cam footage?

Reply to this Topic
quickbrit

Aug 02

quickbrit says:

I'm a saddo

I don't have a bike at the mo but I used it in the car on the way to work this morning. It's totally irresponsible because I braked later, accelerated harder and sped.

I love it.

Reply to this Topic
josh3446

May 09

josh3446 says:

Great fun

This is a great app, makes me want to go faster to get my average speed up for the commute - and I'm only on a 125 with L's! I'm accelerating and braking harder to get above 0.3G's. Next update needs ways to compare the same journey and to export or upload date for comparisons...and a way to turn it off when it realises you're at work making your morning coffee.

Reply to this Topic
Guttee

Jul 08

Guttee says:

I'll probably get this for logging routes but my worry is people using it for racing their mates on a given route which will eventually cost someone their lives just to be 1 sec faster than their mates.I hope you know what you may of started MCN!!

Reply to this Topic
pgracing1

Jul 09

pgracing1 says:

I LOVE THE IDEA OF THIS BUT..............

wont be downloading it for my iphone because it could be jail bait an license loser if caught its a no no from me.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices