Skip to content

Discuss This Video speed test: S1000RR v RSV4 v Hayabusa v ZZ-R1400 First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video speed test: S1000RR v RSV4 v Hayabusa v ZZ-R1400

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video speed test: S1000RR v RSV4 v Hayabusa v ZZ-R1400

20 years after the launch of the original hyperbike, Kawasaki's ZZ-R1100, superbikes like BMW's S1000RR are now so fast they're rendering the Hayabusa and co. irrelevant...     Or are they?  Read the full test in this week's MCN, on sale Wednesday 19 May 2010. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1119137831http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422 // By use of this code snippet, I agree to the Brightcove Publisher T and C...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (19 May 2010 08:43)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

eh what, s1000rr

the busa and zzr are very impressive bikes, as you would know if you owned one.. they still are the fastest bikes IN MY OPINION, and if the japs take their gloves off, and stop the 186 limiter, you will see they are... i have toured on both the zzr and the busa, and found them both to be fantastic tourers, and effortless to ride all day, unlike a cramped all out sports bike like your tiny zx6, or the bmw. its how the bikes make there power also. the busa and zzr make it effortlessly, where as you have to scream the nuts off the bmw and your tiny zx6, in my opinion :tongue:..

i would love to see a pull off between a busa or zzr against a s1000rr bmw... they would drag it down the road like a old rag doll :lol:

Reply to this Topic
huntersthompso

Feb 10

might get pulled

If you read the paper you will see that: neither the zzr or busa hit 300kph limiter, they did a 183/184mph, bmw did 187mph (and i know that with the speed (not power as they are not power limited) the busa and zzr will do 300kph/186.6mph so in this test bmw got the fastest speed down this straight a fair test (yes you could get the busa to go faster with mods but the same goes for the bmw) . the bmw lost the 0-60 (all very similar here) busa wone. surprisingly bmw won both roll ons!! (40-120mph in 4th and 6th by a good margin) busa fastest 1/4 mile by 0.2ish second but bmw going 150mph at end busa only 138mph.bmw wone 0-150 test, by a good bit and there are more tests in the paper you can read, and mcn pointing out all the points being said, busa better at touring, bmw better at going round a corner etc fort everyone might be interested :-) .......................basicaly what this says to me is busa is a very good bike which is really good at doing 1/4 miles as its long, which limits its cornering abilities and is good at touring, but if you want the fastest thing on the road, you will be better off buying a bmw intresting,,,

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

So from the top  speed figures given here. the variation between all 4 bikes is about 4 miles an hour because they are all speed limited.

3 or 4 mles an hour variation coould be the result of an infinite number of minor facators. I said earlier the variation would be single figures?

Wow ! Thats some revolutionary top speed test deciding which limiter works better or worse than the others ??  I mean come on???  ffs ?? lololol What a load of tosh ! Top speed test my arse ! lolol

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Not a top speed test.

Lets just put a cap on this so we can all move on:

The road test was about how well the top speed limiters work. A realistic top speed test was never acheivebale while all 4 bikes are fitted with calibrated speed limiters set at 300 kph. A notional slight variation due to other factors was inevitable. The 4 miles an hour variation betwen all 4 bikes was likely due to various other factors and not due to the top speed potential of the "speed limited" bikes.

If anyone does`nt understand that, please see me after class ?

Reply to this Topic
SCI-MCC

Jan 08

SCI-MCC says:

If you want the fastest bike on the road buy a K8 + busa and a TRE. The hayabusa's engine will take more tuning than any of the other bikes. What's the point in talking about a standard bike,I don't know anyone with a standard bike. As I say the super stock race at the NW 200 shows, the beemer isn't that much faster than Jap thousand bikes.

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

BUSA EVERYTIME

tried and tested 100% bulletproof engine, and the real KING OF SPEED

Reply to this Topic
Bazzxr

May 10

Bazzxr says:

Blah...Buglies

Buglies never owned the title...the ZZR1400 has always and will always be king, not only in speed and handling, (anyone seen a bugly corner) but also in looks...shame Suzuki gave the new version such an ugly arse end!

Reply to this Topic
MarcSalvisberg

May 10

Top Speed test

As a wise hread or two have pointed out, it's a "Top Speed" test and video -

With a pipe and well tuned. the:

1000 BMW makes 160 to 165 true hp (based on one bike)

1340 Busa makes 165 to 170 true hp.(based on several bikes)

1400 Kaw makes 162 to 168 true hp.(based on several bikes)

For dynojet horsepower, multiply true hp x 1.2 to get djhp (I know, I know, but I wasn't the one who made up the dynojet horsepower scale). BTW - MCN hp number aren't "b"hp -
"bhp" is "brake" hp measured at the crankshaft - not rear wheel horsepower.

The BMW has the slickest aerodynamics, then the Busa, then the Kaw - the ;lower the aerodynamic drag, the less power required to reach a set speed.

That being said - each of the bikes is electronically limited to a set top speed - so this is really just an excuse for videoing wickedly fast test bikes <wink!>

Can I get a job?  :-)

Marc

Marc

Reply to this Topic
Goonabz

Feb 09

Goonabz says:

What nonsense

Sorry MCN but how totally irrelevant this whole test was. Are you guys really struggling that badly to find something to write about that you start comparing the BMW& Aprilia, which are most certainly in one class of motorcycle against the Hayabusa and ZZR1400 both of which are legendary and most definitely in a completely different category and class all together, owned and ridden by quite different individuals. And to try and account for both the worlds apart differences and the power restrictions. What a meaningless waste of time.

The other posters have summed it up as the majority of them don't really see the point in this comparison for a whole host of very good and legitimate reasons.

This appears to be yet another blatant attempt by you guys at MCN to find another opportunity to proclaim the BMW as the all mighty? Until something else comes along of course!

Can we get back to real world bike tests that give positive advice and technical information to us punters who go out and buy them. Let’s be honest, there aren’t going to be many guys and gals heading for their local dealers showroom any time soon and test riding a S1000RR back to back with a Hayabusa.

By the way, I have no axe to grind where any of these bikes are concerned as I ride a CBR1000RR.

Reply to this Topic
Bucky01

Mar 10

Bucky01 says:

it takes all sorts I suppose!

Hello guys,

great feature as always, makes some interesting points to ponder, not least of which is the developement in the very impresive Euro models of late, matching the power output and speed ` off the shelf` of historic super speed Japanese models, regardless of their class.  The next few years are going to be very exciting as the Japanese take up the challange, as they will/must! Great times to come. Can't wait to see the next blade, busa, R1 etc and then the 280 mph busas' of course.......

if nothing else:videos like this are the closest that I'll get to looking through the screens of these bikes anyway!

keep the faith, great stuff!!!

cheers.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices