Skip to content

General Whats the point riding..with so many cretins out there . Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Whats the point riding..with so many cretins out there .

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

stingy5

Apr 10

stingy5 says:

Whats the point riding..with so many cretins out there .

I wont go bike meets now, just pose around locally if i can be arsed.

From what i have seen , driving fosse way leamington area , etc, cars coming at me when im in CAR, over the double lines.

FAT TWATS in volvo s 70 etc... screaming up behind when im doing 55 in the 50 limit, taking me and other cars one by one, on brow of hill, on bends, yeah...saw it all over 5 days on that route.

could go on...saw loads shit. but i aint bothering again on bike. sod ma larkins meets etc....im not risking death fer the total w@nkers out there who dont give a toss.

And the people carriers full of Polish farm workers, who overtake on blind crests with zagreb or whatever footie tops in rear window, yeah the ford galaxy with flat rear tyre causing mayhem.

Bollocks to it...i can enjoy a potter about locally and high street posing...but the long rides...leacve it to the rest of you.

i quit.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (24 May 2010 19:43)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stingy5

Apr 10

stingy5 says:

carboni....

ok, will do!

Reply to this Topic
carbonni

Jul 08

carbonni says:

Will do..

(3rd time trying to post this :wacko:)

Coolio, I'm working this weekend and Bank Hol' (that's the shitter of retail for you) but will be out and about next weekend if you fancy it?

Could meet up at Biker's World, Coleshill for a bacon butty - I remember you saying it was only a few mins from you and I'm sure I'd spot your big yellow bike!

Let me know if this is all good and I'll pm you my mobile so we can try to sort out a basic route and then see where the road takes us? Haven't seen pups on here for a while but he's local too - got his number somewhere.....would be good to meet a few locals at last.

P.S, Ma Larkins is closed but up for sale at 'just' £85k. You could open a 90's biker cafe with a small garage on the side?:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
urbmark

Nov 07

urbmark says:

I quit...

Are you not that confident a rider then ?

People often say to me "how can you ride a bike in this day and age ?"

Well because I love it and I ride safe. Life is full of pit falls and risks and biking is just one of them, otherwise you may just as well stay in and wrap yourself in cotton wool, but bare in mind that more accidents occur in the home than anywhere else.

Here in Devon its easy to get onto excellent roads with very little traffic just minutes from any large town or city. Very similar to Britanny in many respects.

Reply to this Topic
stingy5

Apr 10

stingy5 says:

carboni

ok, will scoff bacon buttie. be a laugh looking at the overpriced heaps at bikersworld. pups...i have his number...will meet up

Reply to this Topic
stingy5

Apr 10

stingy5 says:

urbmark

im not unconfident, its just for last couple yrs i have been totally single, and match that with working alone most of the time, gives you time to think...too much, go home have few beers, think some more, get downer thoughts etc.

need to get ouit more again like 2 yr ago...even then i was single and chasing younger lasses!

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
carbonni

Jul 08

carbonni says:

PM

I would PM you my mobile but your profile's hidden so I can't.
Send yours over to me or via Pups and we'll sort it out.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices