Skip to content

Discuss This Work for MCN! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Work for MCN!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Joined:

Posts:

MCN  says:

Work for MCN!

MCN has a vacancy for a full-time sub-editor to work on our production desk. This is a rare opportunity to join the world’s biggest motorcycle publication, with all the benefits you would expect.    Applicants must be trained journalists with a minimum of two years experience, ideally with at least one years’ experience working as a sub-editor on a weekly...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 May 2010 10:53)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

   

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

  1.  
  2.  
  3.  

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
arnunn

Joined:

Jul 06

Posts: 23

arnunn says:

Would love to apply, but guess it means moving from here in Southen Spain, away from all these speed camera free roads, hot asphalt and cloud free skies. So I'll just have to stick to the mundane job and the glorious daily commute!

Best of luck to the real applicants.

Reply to this Topic
andy.r1

Joined:

Sep 08

Posts: 13

andy.r1 says:

Shame you didnt apply as the post was in Spain, but never mind. 

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Joined:

Nov 07

Posts: 541

Little bit...

.. of a glorified manner to put forward a job for a guy with a couple of highers from high school...

 

I can understand things get 'hectic' in the office but surely to god they really aren't that busy and the deadlines etcetera are merely panic stations as everyone sits round on their asses for the other 6 1/2 days?

 

Alas, not a job for me. I would only rant and rave about nonsense and get 90% of the readerships backs (little grammatical error there, did you spot it?) up whilst appealing to the other 10% who live in the real world.

 

As for 'riding test bikes once your riding has been assessed'... What does that entail exactly? Is it a matter of checking the licence and telling the rider not to be a plonker?

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Joined:

Aug 02

Posts: 239

Biker4751 says:

Hectic

I disagree.  Journalism will always be a high pressure job.  Unless of course you're pitching to those who want to read last week's news.  While the work of the sub-editor might typically be a real grunt job in the trenches the opportunity to ride a test bike when the opportunity presents itself does hold out the promise of advancement to someone who can do more than sub-edit.  I'd apply myself but at this stage of my life I want to spend as much time as I have left riding, not working.

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Joined:

Apr 09

Posts: 2733

BUSA666 says:

not for me but

the jobs not for me.. but would love to work at mcn, maybe cleaning the bikes topping up oil etc etc.. and then of course take the bikes for a quick blast for a couple of hours to make sure everything was ok for the test riders. lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

 

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices