Skip to content

Discuss This New CBF1000F will cost around £9000 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New CBF1000F will cost around £9000

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

New CBF1000F will cost around £9000

Honda has revealed that the new CBF1000F will cost in the region of £9000 when it goes on sale in the autumn. The updated, alloy-framed CBF is a late addition to Honda UK’s range – initially the bike wasn’t included, but it will now run alongside the old-type CBF as a higher-spec model. The new CBF1000F boasts an extra 10bhp thanks...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 May 2010 12:57)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hondagixer

Aug 02

hondagixer says:

suzuki's 1250fa is cheaper and does the same thing.

honda should have adjusted the price but missed the boat on that one.

Reply to this Topic
DesiC

Aug 02

DesiC says:

Would someone please tell Honda to ditch the front forks and fit proper upside downers like the CB1000r, even then a £9k price tag is too much for a very basic budget bike. 

Reply to this Topic
Eldar

Aug 02

Eldar says:

bike prices are getting stupid , motorcycling used to be affordable , i'd never pay nine or ten grand for a new bike , i've been riding forty years and the most i've spent is five grand on a new bandit in '99 , i had a mint '98 blade for three grand a couple of years back , and at the moment an '02 600 fazer I paid two and a half grand for last june , its better on fuel and power than the new stuff and better looking and just as much fun !bloody hell if i had 'em all at the same time thats a good assortment for not much more than one new bike !

Reply to this Topic
huntersthompso

Feb 10

cbf1000f

they are still going to sell the old steel frame cbf1000 (which mcn said is a better buy than the bandit and the version which comes with panniers is actually cheaper than the 1250fa so you get an amazing buy with that one about £6500 for the steel framed one) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i dont think this bike is budget in my opinion alloy from, adjustable suspension, top line breaks,, i think its quite high spec,,, but i do agree £9000 seems a lot, although still makes the new fazer 800 (about the same price) look expencive at least with this you are getting detuned fireblade engine, and 1000cc, and honda build quality, and more power,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,every things seems to expensive to me not sure wether in out of date or just getting poorer

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

I must agree with you guys.

Bike prices are way above what we normal bikers can afford.

It seems biking is destined to be a rich mans domain with toys to play with.

I`ll be keeping my CB1300 for quite a while, Well! its a Honda and should last!! for many years to come

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Erm...

Me again...

'a detuned Firblade engine'?

They go to all the hassle of building a Fireblade engine and then DETUNE it and sell it for £9000???

Why don't they just stick a Fireblade engine in it and leave it as is? Price difference must be negligible.

£9k and you don't even get full fairings... I know some people like bikes without fairings but surely at £9k it should come with full fairings that by magic can become half fairings and then by further magic can become a naked. For £9k that would be a slight 'incentive'.

Exhaust can looks pants...

Other than that... £9k... Er, secondhand Blade anyone? Or TWO older Bandit 1200s? Or..... Possibilities are endless and I have no doubts people WILL buy this machine but fool them when you can get so much more at the moment for so much less.

Reply to this Topic
huntersthompso

Feb 10

i would not call them fools

as if they did not or can not buy this bike then i wont be able to get one, (i dont mean this model i mean any model,,, as i buy second hand,,,, i cheer them on all the moor ;-),,,, please go buy lots of new bikes as it keeps the second hard market prices where i can aford them,,,, as if these prices keep going up people who would have brought a new bike will look at second hand, and they will have more money and there for buying power than me,,,,also i gess honda is planning it to go inbetween the steel frame cbf1000 and the cb1000r which is there naked balde,,,down tuined again,,,,

Reply to this Topic
mathsman

Aug 02

mathsman says:

They must be having a laugh

£9000 for a CBF 1000 which is a parts bin bike- they must be having a laugh. You can get the new Triumph Sprint GT for not much more. Or you could buy a Suzuki GSX 1250 FA which I have tested and is a cracking bike for £7000 and so much better than the current CBF 1000. I have also seen used VFR 1200s for less than £10000.

If they sell by the bucket loads I suspect it will be a very small bucket.

Ian

Reply to this Topic
Captain Hook

Jun 07

Captain Hook says:

@ huntersthompso

I had the previous CBF1000, it was a right lemon, constant niggles and I was never able to get Honda to investigate it properly. I had to be rescued from the roadside twice and Honda should have been picked up the bike on another occasion because it was dangerous to ride but they wouldn't (wheel bearing was shot)

After 20 months, I picked up a stone in the radiator and the engine over heated and destroyed itself, that bit wasn't a warranty issue, but I never once saw any temperature warning light come on which as far as I'm concerned was a warranty issue. The bike ended up being sold for scrap while still in the warranty period.

Also, as I found out, the Fireblade engine, really isn't a Fireblade engine, it's mounting points are completely different which means dispite the popularity of the Fireblade, you can't get replacement components for the CBF1000.

I wouldn't count on Honda reliability as far as I could through the old steel framed CBF.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Onda Avvin a Laugh !

A CB1000 retro with 1/2 fairing for £9 grand !!!! 

Check out MCN ads for new bikes ??..... a brand new Gen2 Hayabusa can be bought for £9 1/2.

Now theres a tough choice...... hhmmm.... lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle