Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 140mph speeding biker General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: 140mph speeding biker

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Video: 140mph speeding biker

Footage of a speeding motorcyclist hitting 140mph has been released by police. Kent Police says the rider is one of several caught using its unmarked video bikes.The force has released the footage as a warning ahead of the Ace Café’s Margate Meltdown run on Monday.      A spokesman said a 37-year-old-man from Eccles was banned for 12 months, ordered to do...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 May 2010 16:51)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

ARRYACE go and try one of the Bikesafe events where they teach you how to speed very fast, then you will see the hypocracy of the police.

Reply to this Topic
TheWookie

Feb 10

TheWookie says:

Personally I think he was going too fast for the conditions. Although to be fair he only had to pull up hard behind the one car that was overtaking at the time. We, all, as bikers have to remember that the national public road speed limit is 70mph. NO exceptions. Any copper worth his salt wiill pull one of us at 80 or 90 and gives us a raised eyebrow and a good talking to and let us on our way, unless they've already talked to you repeatedly.

140mph on an A road with roundabouts and a fair amount of other traffic is just reckless. At three in the morning on a motorway, maybe not so much... Time and a place gentlemen, time and a place.

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Honestly...

I'll have my little ZX6R finished soon and MoT'd etc....

I'll happily be in the 'next' video. Reckon I could get 160 on that little video screen. Maybe the coppers can use something by 'Prodigy' as the soundtrack to mine?

I'll happily wheelie throughout or we can have a selective pre-discussed act out. I'll even do it in shorts and t-shirt if the safety arse bandits want some extra talking points. Rain with a 14 year old on the back with just a helmet? 5h1t, I'll even paint my bike PINK if it helps!

As long as nobody dies or suffers loss I really couldn't give a shit for their 'legislative powers' and their false courts full of over paid inbred fat wankers and malicious little cows.

See you on a YouTube video soon and watch out as I might just take a couple of butterflies with me!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

well said arryace

Would say exactly the same if had more time.
busa666 you are one ignorant arrogant idiot that will probably become a statistic.Grow up before its too late!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

yellowninja

just read your post.If your serious which I hope you are not.....
AS LONG AS NO ONE DIES I DONT GIVE A SHIT.
How many selfish idiots have said that before a fatality?

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

Yellowninja600

:lol::lol: too funny m8... maybe they could play smack my bitch up, great tune for 160mph :lol:

buelligan272 you are blithering , belligerent, bombastic , buffoon of enormous grandeur. :blink:

i tell it how it is, too much money spent on policing our roads and not enough spent on real crimes... you need to wake up and smell the police bullshit before its too late..  
:wink:

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

never over 70mph, yeah right

i just love the holier than thou of some of the people on here.... like you have never broken the speed limit, come on give me a break...

if some of you are saying you have never been over 70mph, i am calling you liars of the greatest magnitude :mad:

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

another wind up thread from MCN to antagonise those that that think 140+mph is OK on british roads and those that think their like should have the book thrown at them.  ho hum.

Reply to this Topic
Nephilius

Jan 09

Nephilius says:

bikesafe

Hosbusa: nobody, myself included, that's been on a bikesafe event has been taught how to speed. You're misinformed. Busa666: if you think calling someone a prick lends any weight to your argument, you're wrong. It makes you sound like a fool. As does your simplistic analysis of what police budgets should be spent on. I'm guessing that the police didn't add the soundtrack, so yet again we have an example of MCN glamourising stupid excessive riding, and yet more ammunition for those that want to restrict our freedom. When will you all realise that whilst MCN has a vested interest in picking fights with the police (it sells copies of their tabloid rag, and makes it seem like they're campaigning on our behalf), it's not in your interest as bikers for them to do so. If they really gave a monkeys about bikers, they'd not add a soundtrack that makes it look like the idiot in the footage is cool, and the copy would mention that the guy is an absolute plum who deserved everything he had coming, and was lucky he wasn't up for death by dangerous.

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

CosherB

no one is saying its ok to do 140mph in a 30mph zone or on the motorway ( unless you get away with it).

my point is too much money is spent on policing roads, for revenue... policing should be directed to REAL CRIME, not sitting in a lay by , waiting for someone doing 33mph in a 30 zone... or  persecuting a biker for having a small number plate or loud exhaust, because no one gives a shit about it... the police keep saying they are under funded, yet they go out and buy fast cars and sports bikes just in case.... i say the police should have fiesta 1100 cc cars, and Honda cg125 motorcycles... the job would get done just as well..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices