Skip to content

General I THINK ITS WHAT YOU CALL......... F*CKED !!! **UPDATE** General

You are in... Forums > General > General > I THINK ITS WHAT YOU CALL......... F*CKED !!! **UPDATE**

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I THINK ITS WHAT YOU CALL......... F*CKED !!! **UPDATE**

:upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 May 2010 21:44)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

U2BF..... I am open to any help at the moment after their reply.

And I was on a Gixer6 on the fens.

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Send me pm

the reg number and the vin number, mileage etc. I am in the dealers on Friday (with mine!) I will see what I can do - no promises.

BTW Gixxer 600 140mph bends......

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I got to say.... Ive had 2 K4 6's over the last 2 weeks. Cracking bikes to ride. Wouldnt own one though. Comes down to the suzuki quality again...... But nice to ride all the same.

Will PM you in the week.

Reply to this Topic
MadDogDoug

Nov 07

MadDogDoug says:

Fuzzrr

PM sent.

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Fuzzrr

To support your case it would be beneficial to get your Mechanic to include a letter with the following information.

His initial training, and qualifications gained.

Any manufacturer training he has completed, plus any other training courses he has attended.

Any letters of commendation with regards to bike specific work he has done.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Thankks for that Smidget..... But the fact they do not seem even concerned on this failiure seems to point in the direction they would not be interested in the mechanics skills and knowledge. Although I have taken that on board.

I emailed the MD, to get a reply back saying he would look into the 'service history'..... So I can't see a change of heart coming from that.

I also contacted Trading Standards who have said I could have a case against the shop for supplying a bike that was not 'reasonably durable'..... I emailed the shop saying I didnt particularly want to go down this route, and if there was an amicable way to sort this out. It seems that email got passed on to Triumph uk also........

So we'll wait and see, before I send a letter regarding the Trading Standards advice.

Reply to this Topic
carbonni

Jul 08

carbonni says:

It'll cost them a lot more in the long run

They haven't done themselves any favours have they? I've heard of the usual 'Triumph = problems' lot but haven't ever heard or read about anyone's full dealings with them from start to finish. After reading this topic and seeing the absolutely unacceptable response from Triumph, I have to say that, although all manufacturers have slight issues every now and then, I've now made my mind up that Triumph don't deserve my cash and I'll stick to the more customer friendly manufacturers thanks.

It's not as if you've gone off on a rant and said you want them to come and sort it all out tomorrow for free, so I don't really see their problem. It'll cost them in negative marketing anyway so serves them right.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

My point exactly mate.  I havnt asked for anything for free, just a bit of help, as I feel, although the bike is out of warranty, and yes, serviced by a non-Triumph mechanic, the truth is, this was a severe failiure of a major engine component through no fault of my own.

No Triumph Dealer service would have prevented it!!!

The other point Im making is that they dont seem to give a shit that if that piston had left the rod, then I could have been under a lorry in the worst case scenario!!  They have had no interest in asking for the parts back to see if they could potentially have issues with other bikes.....

Im sorry, but the conversation on the phone stating 'well we havn't heard of that before'.... Well yeah maybe not. But how many other 675's out there get used properly and have 18,000 miles on the clock??  They could be looking down a whole barrell of shit if others start letting go like mine did when they start getting the milage up...  And yeah, they havnt heard of it before. Neither had my mechanic, after 35 years of working on the things.  It just shouldn't have happened. End of.

If you worked out the percentage of cost for them just to help a customer that has given so much praise over that bike over the last year, compared to the amount they could lose, potentially through bad word of mouth, you would think they would try and keep customers happy. It would be a drop in the ocean for them to supply the parts.

I emailed the MD saying that the biking fraternity, compared to the car market is a tight, and in comparison, small family............. They should be looking after the customers, not fobbing them off when there has been a MAJOR safety concern. :mad:

Reply to this Topic
carbonni

Jul 08

carbonni says:

Good points there

It's easy to overlook the potential safety issues. Maybe your follow up should raise these concerns too, it must be extremely mentally stressing thinking about what could have happend :winkie:

In all seriousness, you need to follow up with a slightly stronger letter/email because almost any company will refuse the first request for help chancing you simply go away and sort it yourself. Maybe a small petition of some sort would help you to demonstrate just how many potential customers Triumph are going to loose if they persist with this 'you didn't pay me loads of cash to service it so F*^k you' attitude?

I'm sure the standards were changed a few years ago about manufacturers demanding dealership servicing to validate a warranty. Have you got anywhere with this becuase if this is their only argument and you can proove a qualified mechanic has completed the work using original parts, then surely they can't have a leg to stand on and would be wise to let this pass?

Anyway, it's not a good will gesture you're after, it's customer service so stick to your guns and push it.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Carbonni

Trading Standards surprised me today by saying that id they have that on their service manual, regarding the work being done by a Triumph dealer, then they are entitled to do that.

Now I thought that had all been done and dusted years ago, and they wern't allowed to create a monopoly.... But it seems they can.

But no Triumh dealer could have prevented this. The bike drinks oil, and I check it and fill it every week, or two weeks, depending on milage.....

I have sent a few emails.... But seem to be banging my head against a wall..... I aint going to let it drop. I could just go buy parts and rebuild..... But where is their moral stance on the safety aspect of all this???

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices