Skip to content

General Would anyone ride without bike trousers? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Would anyone ride without bike trousers?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

djpert1

Feb 10

djpert1 says:

Would anyone ride without bike trousers?

Got a 13 mile commute but find it a bit annoyin having to take off the biker trousers when I get to work and then put em back on again. Not v practicle either as I work in a cramped call centre and all my gear gets on everyones nerves. Would you ride with biker jacket, helmet, gloves and boots but just a normal pair of jeans? I know it isn't safer but dont wnat to stop ridin to work. The only good thing that happens during the day!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 May 2010 23:57)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
halftank

Feb 10

halftank says:

Never Man.....

Not wi' my legs.....:lol:

Reply to this Topic
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

Have done in the past

and just kept praying I didn't fall off :lol:

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

How about

Some that you could wear when you get to work?  E.g. Draggin Jeans.  That will offer some protection.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Kevlar / Dragin Jeans

I live in Spain.  In the summer, it is far too hot to wear leathers (often 35 degrees).

I always used to wear full kit, so here I now have bike Jeans.  I know it's not as good as leather, but I also know I change my style of riding when I have them on.

Reply to this Topic
AJS500

Nov 09

AJS500 says:

I do..........................

I often ride in ordinary jeans, or chino's etc.  I use my bikes for transport, and if I had to change, or put overtrousers on every time I go out anywhere it would take away some of the convenience of it for me.

I wouldn't advise anyone to do so, but in these days of Nanny state interference it's good to still have a choice.  If you don't think the risk is for you, what about fitting panniers to your bike, and when you get to work put your overtrousers, jacket etc in the panniers / topbox?

Ride safe,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
urbmark

Nov 07

urbmark says:

Its a tough.....

One to call.

I do occasionally wear jeans but I never feel right and indeed feel venerable . However wearing my leather trousers with all the padding is not very pleasant either especially when its hot.

But if you take a look at the cruiser fraternity, they all wear jeans, red wing boots, white T shirts with a leather waist coat  ( I guess I'm stereotyping here !!) But I do feel quite envious sometimes.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

I wear

I wear full leathers to work everyday and just get changed, but i'm foruntate in that I have room for all my stuff :)

I just bought a pair of Draggin Jeans at the weekend for when I'm just goin to a mates or something so I don't have to get changed... as someone else said, I don't ride as hard while wearing them as they're not as padded as leathers and your knees are vulnerable... but they're really comfy.  I wore them two days straight and even slept on a sofa in them - they're just like normal jeans! :)

Reply to this Topic
carbonni

Jul 08

carbonni says:

I wouldn't

Have thought about it due to the getting changed at work then getting changed to go home when everyone else just gets in their car and drives off...but I soon catch them up down the road anyway.

If anything, I'd consider something like draggin jeans but deff' not normal jeans or combats. Would also only wear them if I knew I was going to take it very steady.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Ride in what ya wanna matey..

In summer I often nip about town in a shirt and shorts or often jeans too.. I know if I come off i'll hurt myself and it's a risk i'm willing to take.. I ride over-carefully and trust myself.. I know there's always the other driver but at low speeds I don't see it as a problem.

If I ever go out of town I wear protective stuff as the speed will be higher.. Do you ride thru town or countryside to get to work??

It's all about your head mate I think.. If you ride in jeans just to make life easier but don't feel safe doing so then you will ride un-confidently and this may contribute to something bad occuring so always ride in what you feel relaxed riding in is surely the best option... Bollocks to your work colleagues.. would they rather you leave a helmet in their way or see you lose skin and spend time in hospital????

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

If your commute

is mostly through town and does not involve high speeds then I would not have an issue with wearing jeans ... If it involves distances on open country roads, M/ways etc. were you are likely to be travelling at higher speeds I would wear leathers. If you come off in jeans at speed they will be removed in a second and then your skin will follow at an alarming rate .. trust me ... been there got the T-Shirt (and the skin grafts :winkie:)  

It's your choice though. :winkie:

Three month's off work .. if I had been wearing leathers I would have been back at work the next day. :winkie:   

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices