Skip to content

Discuss This Free disc-lock scheme in Blackburn area General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Free disc-lock scheme in Blackburn area

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

James Sharpe  says:

Free disc-lock scheme in Blackburn area

Police in Darwen near Blackburn have launched a new motorcycle security scheme after a recent series of thefts in the area. Police are actively looking for unsecured motorcycles in the area after 12 motorcycles and one quad bike were stolen in just a few months. They will be posting leaflets through doors where vulnerable bikes have been identified, which can be used...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (28 May 2010 15:23)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

Nicer Idea

This is actually a nice approach for once, this is how the "high visibility jacket" scheme should have been done, being the type that hates coloured biker clothing (it all looks tacky i'm sorry) i do feel vulnerable when driving in fog/rain or at nighttime wearing all black, and do carry a high vis waistcoat for such occasions.

i wish i could take advantage of this offer - they look a lot more compact than my current disc lock :)

Reply to this Topic
stevekwak

Feb 10

stevekwak says:

easier said than done

I mean come on!

Keep out of view, unless you have a garage which ain't full of the wifes crap or a back garden where are you suppose to put it?

And Britain being the most under surveillanced country in the world you would think that the police would have caught this gang of thieves by now.

A disc lock is not going to stop theives from getting away with the motorcycle, especially if its been nicked for order, they will just pick it up and whack in the back of a truck, It happened to one of my bikes luckily I had lowjack on it and got it back within 6hours

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

free disc lock, do it yourself policing

the police`s job is to catch criminals, so why can`t they do it? 

they give you a free disc lock why?  because they are unwilling or unable to do their job?

and shows how much interest they have, by putting PCSO on the job, makes me laugh..

when will the police wake up and smell the roses... take more police out of fancy sports cars, and off superbikes, and stick them on foot patrol on our streets... or is speeding more important than real crime? hmmmm

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Hee hee...

We're in a recession and the Police are giving people things for FREE?

I'd imagine a few tickets need to be issued to cover the costs eh?

Anyway, as a sideline. I can only hope that the 'disc locks' come with the high-viz strings for over the handle bars or there will be an increase in knackered discs with people 'forgetting' to remove em before trying to drive off........

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices