Skip to content

Discuss This Norton picture: proof of full production New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Norton picture: proof of full production

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Norton picture: proof of full production

This is the picture that sceptics thought they'd never see and proves reborn Norton is now in full production.  In next week's MCN, out on Wednesday June 2, we get exclusive access to Norton's factory, and watch production of the £15,995, 961 Commando SE. Around 30 examples of the retro-styled, twin cylinder roadster have now been completed, with 20 already delivered to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (28 May 2010 16:15)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

I Cant Wait

for the wankel racer :-P although it's prolly a pipe-dream :-( Great to see the guys with finished articles! I hope this is the scene in 5 years time (or waaaay better ;-) good luck!)

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Lovely Picture

If Mr. Bloor doesn't want to build an upscale triumph twin this will certainly fill the gap.  I wonder if there are any plans to bring the bike to America?

Reply to this Topic
BerZerK

May 05

BerZerK says:

Good luck Norton

They'll be adding pillion seats to their range before the end of 2010.

Reply to this Topic
huntersthompso

Feb 10

great bike

seen this bike up close, the build quality is amazing, billeted aluminium front calliper bracket is up there with bimota finesse and holds top line ohlines suspension is place, carbon fiber wheels,,,,love them, the whole bike looks fantastic!i think brit bikes combines the style of the Italians with the build quality of the japs now we have earned the lessons from the past. ............................. mind for me the cafe racer sounds very very nice and you get nearly as nice bike for £12000 which is a nice saving

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

scary moment

I read the heading and thought it was Graham Norton! Thank God, it's two wheeled production.

Reply to this Topic
blatfrag

May 10

blatfrag says:

I wish them every success

In 1992 on the day the then Norton concern went into administration, I took delivery of my new F1. Nearly twenty years later I still love the bike. It is thirsty, not quick by modern standards, but the Spondon frame and quality components still mean it handles as good as anything else I have ridden. With 130,000 miles on it, it still puts a smile on my face. 

I wish the factory all the best for the future, and hopefully the next generation rotary will make it to production, because I will have one. The build quality of the new Nortons look to be top drawer, and another UK manufacturer of motorcycles is most welcome.

My wife is on her third Hinkley produced Triumph, and I am on my second 955i Daytona. Riding something made in the UK is something that makes this middle aged bloke proud.  

I think they have achieved a great deal since stepping out on their dream and wish them continued success.

Reply to this Topic
Commando828

Feb 09

Commando828 says:

Best of Luck

I understand the UK version has been extensively and professionally modified to eliminate any 'rough edges' of the original USA version.

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

great bikes

best of luck

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN