Skip to content

Where to Ride Where do u put the GB sticker ? Meets, routes and tours (Europe)

You are in... Forums > Where to Ride > Meets, routes and tours (Europe) > Where do u put the GB sticker ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

wrenthamtown

Aug 09

wrenthamtown says:

Where do u put the GB sticker ?

I have a sportsbike and am going through france im required to have a gb sticker where am I to stick it ? I have no panniers or tox box, ??

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (29 May 2010 20:57)

Post a message in Meets, routes and tours (Europe)

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

gb

How big/small is the sticker?

Reply to this Topic
Squashed_Fly

Sep 07

Squashed_Fly says:

Surely...

A question like that is just asking for lots of sarcastic answers? lol :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
TheRedBarron

Apr 09

TheRedBarron says:

GB Sticker

You do not need a GB sticker if you have the Euro emblem on your number plate already, which most new number plates carry as standard.

If you do not have a Euro emblem, then put your GB sticker on the rear of the bike close to the number plate.  As you don't have panniers, then you will need to find some where on the rear of the bike to mount it.  If you have a rucksack or other luggage system, stick it to that

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
countryrider

Jan 11

countryrider says:

When I toured

I had it stuck on my dry bag which was strapped on the pillion seat. It fell off after a day and I never got pulled for it. Just for speeding in germany!:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
RoadTrekker

Sep 11

RoadTrekker says:

GB where?

In most European countries it is law to have a sticker with your country or origin on the rear of the bike/car next to the number plate. Normally you will have GB sticker on all new number plates anyway so thats all you need. But if you do not have one and get stopped then this will only aggrevate the situation and the police might start to examine your bike very closely for EU conformaty. Austria is very strong on this and the fines are high with possible impounding. Just make a small metal plate and mount it on that, you can take it off when you get home, do not put it on removable loose bags as it can get hidden or ripped off. The GB sticker has to meet a minimium size to be legal.

Ride asfe and legal then you are ridding relaxed.:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
Lil125Guy

Oct 11

Lil125Guy says:

Back of helmet?

Just an idea :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale