Skip to content

General How many times have you crashed a bike...and why? what age? Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > How many times have you crashed a bike...and why? what age?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

stingy5

Apr 10

stingy5 says:

How many times have you crashed a bike...and why? what age?

I crashed several times in my teens, always corners trying to get fold up pegs vertical.

Hey, i even got elbow down on a gt125 suzuki, on michelin m38s, as i had done same on ss50 hondas regular on those and pirelli mandrakes.

6 come offs, on those bikes.

ZXR400, full on tank slapper at 80, ended up dropping it to avoid tree when bounced up grass verge. remounted , to crash as brake pads had flicked open, 2 squeezes too late to avoid fence. stopped riding for few yr after that.

ZX7R, front let go on shiny surface roundabout, sat bike up and hit kerb and luckily, the fence was soft, no damage but pride.

Last time, out side my house, new tyres, going round block, toched throttle, low/highside combined at 20mph!!

funnily , first crash i had, and last crash, were same corner, outside house where i live now!

the first at 16, on myss50 honda with race tuned 70cc conversion, pirelli mandrakes, folding pegs, racing a 17 yr old on gt250, pissed him all time on bends, he gave up when i trashed it, said i was nuts...but a future racer.

never had the dosh...so continued crashing in my teens, on the road. never hurt, but a daytona on yer legs, is painfull, stopped bike getting too hurt though!!:biggrin::biggrin:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (31 May 2010 15:00)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carbonni

Jul 08

carbonni says:

Crashes

No 'crahses' to date (touch wood) but had quite a few falls and throws off when my cousin bought a DT125 when I was about 15. We spent weeks messing about at Ackers Trust (Steve should know this place) where we thought we were the nuts! That was until I flipped the bike back on itself going up the 3rd or 4th hill! The following weeks saw us limping home with various cuts and bruises and loads of burns from the exhaust but it was fun and that DT could really take a kicking and just kept on going!

I ride pretty sensibly now to be honest so don't really take too many risks --- having a young family kinda makes you think twice.

Reply to this Topic
Jonsedici

Feb 10

Jonsedici says:

Oops.

Crashed my bike once, dropped it once.

First day riding, it shot off from under me feckin' feet at the traffic lights. Opened the clutch too quickly and off it went. It was only when I got back to my mates house, 'cos I bought it from him, that I noticed the idle speed was 6000RPM. Ooops. Slowed it down and it's ticking happy at 2K now.

Second day riding, I dumped it into some reeds along some boggy shit around where my Dad lives. I had gone out and followed him in the car. A corner swept left pretty sharpish and I went straight on. Bruised my knee, arm and ego pretty badly, snapped the clutch lever and bent the clutch peg. The bike got caught in the reeds, thank fock for that, cos I went over the handlebars and landed in some rank boggy stuff.

Mingin'.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices