You are in... Forums > Sport > Other sport > The Isle Of Man TT

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

londonbill

Apr 10

londonbill says:

The Isle Of Man TT

I dunno. Freedom to compete etc but every year it's like 3 or 4 riders die in the name of entertainment. Is this right. I know the riders aren't forced to do it and it's their passion and so on but still, it's an extreme sport and maybe the bikes now are just too fast for it. Its not a good advert for biking all these crashes.,

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 June 2010 06:28)

Post a message in Other sport

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

I kind of see

where you coming from...but, like you say they are all over 21 and have a choice. Its not like the old days where the riders were forced to ride there by the factories.

We just have to tell ourselves that its nowt to do with us. None of our business.

The Isle of man is not part of the United Kingdom, nor is it a member of the E.U. so we must respect their freedoms.

I for one applaud them.

Still never been over there mind...gonna put that right next year. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
mhblade

Feb 10

mhblade says:

tt

what kind of crap is this, i see wayne gardner jumped on the band wagon, calling for a ban on the tt, its the best race in the world, with massive support. fans want to go, riders want to ride, but hey lets ban it because some idiot dont want it,, ??? its a little like complaining about something on tv you dont like, turn it off but dont stop them that do. i for one would love to ride at the tt, and im certain there is thousands more like me

Reply to this Topic
zedthoumac

Jul 09

zedthoumac says:

TT

I'm with mhblade. What other sport can you think of with the risks these guys face? Thats what makes it so fascinating and utterly amazing to watch. While my heart goes out to the families and friends of the riders that get killed, I think even they, would not ask for the TT to be stopped. Everything in the modern world is becoming so wrapped in cotton wool for everyones apparent safety.....stifling the basic human desire to challenge oneself and take risks.....the TT is unique and we need to fight to keep it! It's the danger that makes it what it is. Just look at Guy Martin's comments after his crash there this year. They WANT to do it......lets not take that away. I salute everyone that rides it. Legends, all of them!

Reply to this Topic
big alan

May 08

big alan says:

london bill

you miss the point bill bikers die on the roads every day so do we want bikes banned smoking kills 1000s so do we ban the fags booze kills 10,000s so do we ban the drink, it should be the right of every sound minded man or woman to enjoy there hobby no matter how stupid or dangerous  im of for the ferry in a couple of hrs to watch the southern 100 and buy bad luck or fate someone should get hurt its there right and if im killed on the way to the ferry then my family/mates will say bad luck but at least he was doing something he loved:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle