Skip to content

Discuss This Motorcyclists are ‘pathetic’ with ‘immature obsession with speed’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Motorcyclists are ‘pathetic’ with ‘immature obsession with speed’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

James Sharpe  says:

Motorcyclists are ‘pathetic’ with ‘immature obsession with speed’

Daily Mirror columnist Paul Routledge has sparked controversy by calling motorcyclists “pathetic” with an “immature obsession with speed.” Routledge said it is, “time for old bikers to hang up their leathers,” instructing them to “grow up and realise that the roar of a 600cc bike is the whisper of death,” when complaining over the number of bikers who took advantage of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (01 June 2010 16:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
robotninja

Mar 09

robotninja says:

Simple solution, stop reading tat like the Mirror. Problem solved! :)

Reply to this Topic
boxertwin

Feb 09

boxertwin says:

Here, here!  buy a quality tabloid like the Sun...!

Reply to this Topic
cockyjocky

May 10

cockyjocky says:

Prick! Get a life!

Reply to this Topic
ahinks

Sep 06

ahinks says:

haha

read this last sunday.it was in a tiny column and i dont think anyone really cares about mr routledge' coments. He looks like david mellor too!

Reply to this Topic
DeucharsMc

Jan 10

DeucharsMc says:

Should have gone to Spec Savers..............How long for the men in papers suits come to collect his home computer??

Reply to this Topic
andybiker

May 07

andybiker says:

Lazy journo should get a life

Went on Mirror website but couldn't find any email contact for Routledge – too scared I suppose.

What a tired old hack he looks. And what tired old stories he writes. Such a lazy piece of journalism. Bashing bikers in this way is far too easy, doesn't take into account the bigger picture and makes for cheap copy. Wonder how many people have died in car crashes so far this year? Or how many children and other pedestrians have been killed by car drivers? And I wonder how that figure compares with the number that have died this year as a result of a collision with a motorcycle, if any?

As for thinking about others, that applies to all road users not just bikers. And as for being immature, I'm glad I have a young outlook on life.

Yes there are some immature bikers just as there are immature car drivers, cyclists and pretty much any type of road user but, hey, that's life.

And talking of life, I suggest Routledge gets one!

Reply to this Topic
shortfletch11

May 10

HAHAHAHA!

one word: JEALOUS!

Reply to this Topic
joeguvnor

May 09

joeguvnor says:

pathetic?

I BET THIS MAN HAD A ROAD RAGE WITH A BIKER AND I'M SURE THE BIKER MUST HAVE CALLED HIM "YOU GINGER TOSSER"

Reply to this Topic
standerwick

Jul 03

standerwick says:

Obsession with Speed

I am a biker (track only) and I am afarid I will say that I wouldn't ride on the road purely from a danger point of view. The speed I achieve on track gives me a buzz which if translated to the road would be lethal. Riding on the road needs a total change of attitude and re-programming. I'm afraid there is an element of truth to this article and for those who really want a speed buzz then the track is the only place to practice.  I have seen guys ride on the road as if they were on track. If they were any good, go and do the real thing is what I say.

The road has nearly 1 million uninsured drivers including foreign drivers who obtained their licences in dubious tests with very low standards, drivers who have no respect for riders (unlike Europe) and drivers who are anti riders, too many vehicles on the road, obstacles such as trees, lamposts, concrete walls, houses etc all dangers to us riders. This all stacks against bikers an creates a survival risk in my opinion not worth takling regardless of this reporters comments.

However, if some people are prepared to take the risk and subject not to creating any danger to anyone else, then let them get on with it. Just make sure they know the risks before going out on a bike.

Reply to this Topic
halftank

Feb 10

halftank says:

WHAT A TWONK

BIKING BEATS THIS YOU OLD GIT

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale