Skip to content

Discuss This Motorcyclists are ‘pathetic’ with ‘immature obsession with speed’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Motorcyclists are ‘pathetic’ with ‘immature obsession with speed’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

James Sharpe  says:

Motorcyclists are ‘pathetic’ with ‘immature obsession with speed’

Daily Mirror columnist Paul Routledge has sparked controversy by calling motorcyclists “pathetic” with an “immature obsession with speed.” Routledge said it is, “time for old bikers to hang up their leathers,” instructing them to “grow up and realise that the roar of a 600cc bike is the whisper of death,” when complaining over the number of bikers who took advantage of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (01 June 2010 16:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
calicant

Oct 09

calicant says:

The Mirror is pathetic

This guy is as dumb as a fence post.

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

BOYCOTT

every biker should boycott this rubbish paper, lets see who is pathetic Routledge.

Reply to this Topic
Twoplugs

Jun 10

Twoplugs says:

Right...

Is it sooo hard to confess that this guy has a valid point there?

If we, Bikers, want to stop people shouting these kind of messages in to public, we have to adjust our way of riding. That's the first thing to do.

Those who fit the glove wil wear it.

Reply to this Topic
slider72

Mar 05

slider72 says:

biker deaths?

& how many car drivers etc have died in the past week?? i know our air ambulance has been busy & its not from bikes.

i drove down to cambridge & back on friday(8hrs driving in total) & i cannot belive more car drivers are wiped out everyday.bloody loons!

Reply to this Topic
arDon

May 09

arDon says:

Call me pathetic as I am 48 and have a wr 450sm and I will give ya a slap. Ferret face

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

twoplugs - wrong

Motorcycles have always been fast. Lawrence of Arabia loved them for just that, the thrill of the speed. Not perhaps the best example as he died on his bike... anyway... I'm happy to admit that I love the speed and acceleration, and hope that our MPs are smart enough to realise that people need to live. Need to enjoy their lives. Let Routledge live in his cotton wool world and die a sad, miserable death, never having experienced the exceptional thrill of a sunny ride. Bollox to him and his boring ilk. I for one will continue to revel in the freedom, while I still can. Immature and proud of it :D

Reply to this Topic
tomlloydy

Mar 09

tomlloydy says:

Immature obsession with speed?

So we have a maximum speed of 180mph, if that, and Concorde was capable of 1,450mph and we have immature obsession with speed?

Reply to this Topic
daveyboy79

Feb 09

daveyboy79 says:

I've read somewhere before that when the 2011 Census comes out, we should all put our religion down as "Biker", that way, if enough of us do the same (like the "Jedi Knight craze in 2001), then the authorities have to recognise us as a religious group. Imagine the irony, a left-leaning newspaper, getting complaints of "religious descrimination", hahaha! Oh, and I'm not hanging up my leathers, I'm only 30, I intend to be riding at least another 40 years, thankfully, this idiot will be dead by then and won't be able to spout crap like this by then, although I dare say there will be other senile tosser doing the same.

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Don't give this

oxygen - and it will die!

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Dear Mr Routledge

I thank you for your comments as the abuse of press freedom represented by your bigoted, unsubstantiated, unqualified remarks allows me to respond by saying that your moustache makes you look like a child molester... Now let's see which of the two is closer to the truth: We can prove that motorcyclists are not death-obsessed speed freaks, so we look forward to you proving you're not that other thing...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices