Skip to content

Discuss This Motorcyclists are ‘pathetic’ with ‘immature obsession with speed’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Motorcyclists are ‘pathetic’ with ‘immature obsession with speed’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

James Sharpe  says:

Motorcyclists are ‘pathetic’ with ‘immature obsession with speed’

Daily Mirror columnist Paul Routledge has sparked controversy by calling motorcyclists “pathetic” with an “immature obsession with speed.” Routledge said it is, “time for old bikers to hang up their leathers,” instructing them to “grow up and realise that the roar of a 600cc bike is the whisper of death,” when complaining over the number of bikers who took advantage of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (01 June 2010 16:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Gixxer1000L0

Apr 10

Gixxer1000L0 says:

I realised my pipes were the whisper of death

..............so, I bought a pair of f*** off race pipes.  Now death can be heard for miles.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Yeah but.....

it got him in the papers again!

Best to completely ignore imbeciles like this.:doubt:

Reply to this Topic
GHolmes81

Sep 08

GHolmes81 says:

SILLY FAT TURD

I hope you read the feed back matey because your a fat g head who needs to get out there and do something with your life. Writing in your little two bit column has got you noticed on this site but before this I have never heard of you, maybe your after a promotion by gaining a reputation as a edgy journo who likes to ruffle feathers now and again...who knows. As for your quote "Think of other people" you should of thought this through a little more, you are clearly over weight and we all know this drains the resources of the NHS, so you cant be that concerned about other people can you ??? The bikers of this country are good honest people who will help any fellow biker with anything (look at the forum page) and not narrow minded bigots who sit in a tin can all day polluting the atmosphere unnecessary. Why don't you grow a pair and do some real journalism, spend a year as a biker and report first hand instead of sitting on the fence getting splinters in you arse.

Reply to this Topic
yamscot

Mar 09

yamscot says:

Specsavers needed!

Live and let live mate. No-one until, probably now, gave you grief for being the long lost love child of Capt. Mainwairing!

Reply to this Topic
Tebbo

Jul 06

Tebbo says:

He is Brain Dead

So another sad mirror writer makes another stupid remark, this paper is good for that, thats why I stopped reading it 20 odd years ago, Iv'e been riding all year round for the last 36 years, fast and slow and I am still alive and don't  intend to stop yet. Iv'e had two prangs in that time one my fault and one not mine, it was caused by a brick on the motorway dropped by a skip lorry, and I was on a small bike. And as all comments have said, one way or other the freedom on a bike is great way of life, so stuff the writer and stuff the mirror.

Reply to this Topic
steph46

Oct 09

steph46 says:

Fat,Sad Journalist

JUST THE KIND OF BIGOTED COMMENT YOU WOULD EXPECT FROM A FAT, BALD, SAD,PAST MIDDLE AGED,JOURNALIST,WHO PROBABLY HASN'T BEEN ON A BIKE IN HIS LIFE,DRIVES A VOLVO 4X4,AND SPENDS HIS SPARE TIME GOING ROUND GARDEN CENTRES AND TEA ROOMS,WITH THE WIFE AND HER FRIEND.PROBABLY DOESN'T HAVE ANY PALS,AND IS ONLY JEALOUS BECAUSE WE HAVE DONE(AND ARE DOING)DEEP DOWN IN HIM SOMEWHERE WHAT HE PROBABLY ALWAYS WANTED  TO DO,RIDE A BIKE,AND FEEL FREEDOM!!.AND HE HAS NO RIGHT "TARRING US ALL WITH THE SAME BRUSH"AS MOTOR-CYCLING ISN'T THE ONLY PASTIME TO HAVE HOOLIGAN ELEMENTS WITHIN IT.BUT YOU DON'T HERE HIM SLAGGING OFF ANY OF THEM.IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY THING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY,(JUST LIKE YOUR PAPER)JUST SHUT IT PAL!!.

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

motorcyclists pathetic ?

You poor boring man sat behind you computer getting fatter and jaded and later on having a stroke from

not enough action and exersize . If we all listened to people like you sir we d all be overwieght and boring

a burden to the NHS and tax payer . You have no right to push your opinions on others motorcyclists DON T . WE KNOW THE RISKS  

Reply to this Topic
straightline

Jun 10

straightline says:

Luckily no one reads the Mirror and anyone who does knows its a comic with desperate writers who can't get a job at the Sun. 

Reply to this Topic
Jowen

Apr 10

Jowen says:

tab

guys a total nob.

bikes are fast but not to blame for 90%of crashes they are caused by careless road users etc. what an immature statemnet perhaps he failed his test so thinks he can have a dig this way.

Reply to this Topic
LaughMuBai

Sep 07

LaughMuBai says:

600cc & Horses

Maybe he's right? Middle-aged older men shouldn't be on a 600cc....they should be on a more mature 1000cc+ ;`) After all, you wouldn't ride a pony as an older man, you would ride a horse....oh dear, horse riding is dangerous too and more so than motorbikes. Mr Pathetic may write a Mirror article on this now in the comfort of his nanny cotton wool office complete with RSI gel pad protection...."Dagnabit, paper cut....nurse!"

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices