You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Kriega gear

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SuzukiSVben

Jun 10

SuzukiSVben says:

Kriega gear

It looks slick, and for the price it damn well should be. Does anyone know if Kriega gear is actually as good as its cracked up to be.I need some soft touring luggage and it looks a winner but as always best to ask the experts first:smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 June 2010 18:43)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

US-10 and US-20 are good...

...but hold more like 5 and 10 litres than the 10 and 20 their names suggest.  Waterproof, robust, but make sure the straps lie flat or they can loosen.

Reply to this Topic
Hondavfr800

Feb 04

Hondavfr800 says:

Try one out first!

Looks great and I recently opted for a R25 rucksack and used it for a 3 day 1000mile trip. Now sold it! Ok it was well loaded but my shoulders ached like mad and it didn't matter how I adjusted the straps it just didn't feel comfortable. Watch out for US range as sometimes they can rub against the rear tail pieces and mark it. Getting a ventura system for the next jaunt. Lesson learnt!.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

The

US-10 is something I use for my chain. Given it gets the chain shoved in and out every day with no care whatsoever and it's pretty damn heavy (19mm chunky bats turd), it's held up pretty well. The waterproofing seems to be intact after a good 8 months of abuse and it's also strapped on in a way that's totally inconsiderate to the stitching, using cable ties (to ensure the chain can't move around when cornering and try to kill me) and it's held up nicely. For touring it's way too small though. Holds a pair of trainers.

If the rest of their kit is similar, then yeh, recommended. I'd still never bother with a waterproof backpack though.

Reply to this Topic
Redpastyboy

Jul 09

Redpastyboy says:

Kriega

I recently bought the Kriega R35 rucksack (£99). It is excellent. The straps are nice and wide and do not cut into your arms like normal rucksacks. It's also easy to put on as the straps do not get caught on your elbows. It is very comfortable to wear as each strap has two points of adjustment at the top and bottom.

Before I bought it I'd read a few reviews saying that they are not suitable for sport bikes as the back of your helmet rubs on the top of the rucksack. I've had no problems. They obviously didn't adjust the straps properly as they allow the rider to wear the rucksack high or low on your back.

Reply to this Topic
SuzukiSVben

Jun 10

SuzukiSVben says:

Kriega

Ta, very much all. Seems like a pretty resounding yes. now all I've got to do is mentally prepare myself to spent over a ton on soft luggage :smile

Reply to this Topic
cbr9429

Dec 09

cbr9429 says:

expensive but yes

Kreiga r35 was one of the best £90 i spent. I use it everyday, its comfortable, gets loads in, very water resistant (at worst the thing at the top of the bag is ever so slightly damp.) - but im talking about 45 mins in torrential rain.

agree with "redpastyboy" its fine on sports bikes aswell and doesnt get in the way when looking in the rear view mirrors

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle