You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Advise needed after accident

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

JonRich1

Jun 10

JonRich1 says:

Advise needed after accident

8 Weeks ago i was involved in an accident on the way to work, a school kid kicked a football into the road and the end result was me and my bike sliding down the road on its side.

After being taken to hospital in the back of an ambulance (nothing broken) and the bike being brought home on a truck. I started looking at my options to get the bike repaired. At the time i was only insured as 3rd party Fire & Theft, and found out from the copper involved the lads parents didn't hold any house hold insurance:dopeyhmmmm: I therefore started to order the necessary parts to rebuild the bike paying for the damage myself.

I spoke to a No Win No Fee solicitors who has taken on my case advising they would place a claim with the Motor Insurance Breau. I today received an e-mail from my solicitor saying the Breau have rejected the claim as another vehicle was not involved. Im now stuck forking out for repairs and new leather & helmet.

Does any one have any advise where i could go from hear?? (apart from marching round the lads address)

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (02 June 2010 13:56)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

accident

Welcome with bad news but your alive and kicking,Q,did your bike contact or run over the ball? If so you can only try for compensation(providing you have a witness)  with the parents or guardian at the time.

Reply to this Topic
JonRich1

Jun 10

JonRich1 says:

witness

I hit the ball square on!! and i have an eye witness, a work collegue was following behind me, and he gave all the information to the police to.

Reply to this Topic
mrh3369

Jun 06

mrh3369 says:

You would need to try to reclaim your losses from the parents/ guardian of the child. What you need to find out is if they have the ability to pay because if not you are just wasting your time. It might be a case of you footing all the bills but at least you have walked away . Might be worth considering fully comp for the future.

Reply to this Topic
JonRich1

Jun 10

JonRich1 says:

insurance has already been updated.

Cheers for the advice

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN