Skip to content

Discuss This Jawa 350 first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Jawa 350 first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Peter Henshaw  says:

Jawa 350 first ride

Twin shocks, four gears and a dead simple 350cc two-stroke twin – the Jawa is back. For those who don’t know, the Czech-made Jawa has been around nearly as long as Royal Enfield’s Bullet, and now you can buy one in the UK again. It’s not quite as retro as a Bullet – I’d say 1983 rather than ’53 –...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (04 June 2010 13:40)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

well

needs to look better, and more power for 3 grand, can`t see it been a big seller.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

These were a big hit in the 1980's as a budget commuter/utility bike, times have moved on since then and you can get a decent 4 stroke for the same money.

Reply to this Topic
mpt600

Apr 05

mpt600 says:

You'll never see one...

...on the road.

I mean, you'll need a full licence and be willing to spend £3k. I can think of many, many other bikes for £3k that are much, much better. No, I haven't ridden one, but I honestly don't think I have to.

To be cheap transport these days you have to compete with cars. You can get a half decent car for £3k, no problem.

If anyone buys one, I'll be amazed.

Reply to this Topic
antimagneto

Jun 09

antimagneto says:

For Gods sake..

Don't ever go off a bus route if you buy one of these.

Reply to this Topic
mcrmike

Feb 06

mcrmike says:

I would ,but......

I would buy one of these.I am a sucker for simple solid two strokes,well two strokes full stop! However a) It is too expensive, a thousand pounds less and it would sell loads,b) if you are selling simplicity get rid of the digital dash,costs more, i bet it won't last long anyway,whats wrong with clocks? Multi pot front disc is too powerful,single means only one to seize in winter,and again cuts cost?c) I know they have been around for along time but with a sole importer and not many about I forsee the spares situation  could be a huge problem when this importer has had enough? Yes ,I would  buy one,but!.......? are you listening F2 motorcycles?

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Back in the 70s they were the most dire, awfull, agricultural pos you never wanted to ride. What has changed since then?

Priced at £3000 each, neither of them make any sense.  Where is the marketing strategy ?

Reply to this Topic
DavidF2

Nov 09

DavidF2 says:

Many people have

I guess MCN is not really the place to find Jawa fans, but they wanted a go and they got one. Spares in stock so no problem. Excellent communications with the factory. I'm not trying to compete with Jap stuff, they make perfect bikes really well, but not every one wants one. Selling well to those who just like strokers, or Jawas or both. I've done 1200 odd miles on mine in a about 5 weeks and I really like it. But then I did 10 miles on the high spec jap and didn't like it. So who's to say. It will not be a big seller like the Japs, but don't worry mcrmike I won't get bored. I am in the wonderful position of only selling what I like and own myself. I started thinking if we sell 5 or so a year to those who want one that would be fine. Did that in the first few weeks. Now Czech is part of the EU the work force like to be paid, which is no bad thing, but it does mean they are £3000.

Reply to this Topic
DaveM25

Jun 10

DaveM25 says:

I did!

I've bought one. Still running it in but I'm loving it.

Why did I buy it? Because it's different, I like 2 strokes (and this may be the last chance to buy a new one) and because I like simple "conventional" bikes. I don't commute by bike so for me it's purely for fun, and I find it's mix of size, performance, handling, comfort and riding position perfect for the sort of country-lane riding I enjoy. The build quality is also very good.  If you can't see beyond sports bikes it won't be for you, that's for sure, but there is a part of the motorcycling community that will appreciate bikes like this, just as there is a viable market for Enfields.

Reply to this Topic
Platense

Aug 10

Platense says:

Great!

Im very glad to see there is new classic jawas again. If you are a practical man,  you like endurable motorcycles, and you realize that this is not a race bike, then its a great motorcycle to have, very strong and easy to mantain. Its like a truck compared to a ybr250. And specially is usefull if you have to go through roads in a bad condition.

Reply to this Topic
mcrmike

Feb 06

mcrmike says:

want one

Thanks for the feedback F2. I really want to buy one, but this is my dilema. I will retire in 18 months, I currently run a car and an immaculate GS500e with low miles which is worth 8 to 9 hundred tops, this is a great bike for me, I love it, but I love two strokes more.I'd like something a little lighter but not as small as a 250.Can I justify selling the suzuki for what would be peanuts and spending 2.5k more on the Jawa? Questions; what is the power increase over std with the expansion pipes fitted,does it destroy tractability? do you have a demo ride available?any possibility of retro fitting analogue clocks as I really hate the digital? I want one just need theconfidence to buy one and not regret it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices