Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Bannerman

Mar 09

Bannerman says:

Superdream Throttle Cable

Hi all.

I have a 1978 CB250N Superdream. Unfortunately the throttle cable snapped. I've bought a new one and need some advice on fitting it. If anyone could give any tips I'd really appreciate it. For instance, which end should be connected first?! All advice welcome.

Cheers all.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 June 2010 14:06)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PhlKam@aol.com

May 07

?

If you are going to keep it,its always worth getting a "Haynes" manual.Takes you through stuff step by step.Prob worth removing petrol tank for carb access,and lube cable before fitting.This can be done withe a placticine funnel,pressed around cable.filled with engine oil while hung vertically.Until oil emerges from bottom.Does'nt matter which end you fit first.

Reply to this Topic
skittles6969

Jul 08

skittles6969 says:

Cables

The Superdream used a push/pull system. Most people don't bother with the pull cable. If both are fitted then make sure there is some free play on the throttle, otherwise it'll just stick. There is an order to fit the cables but memory loss has kicked in. It's not rocket science though.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle