Skip to content

Discuss This The pill that could cure you of motorcycling General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > The pill that could cure you of motorcycling

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

The pill that could cure you of motorcycling

You better hope nobody from the EU reads this, but there's a pill that some experts think could 'cure' you of motorcycling. The new drug ­called co-trimoxazole­ has been proven ten times more effective than previous remedies against the condition Toxoplasmosis ­a bacterial infection Dr Robert Sapolsky of Stanford University says is unusually common in motorcyclists, and which he believes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 June 2010 15:10)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gavinfdavies

Aug 09

gavinfdavies says:

hehe, love it! hands up for going round spiking anti-bike groups with toxo?!

first stop, those cyclists in london who seem worried about bikers in bus lanes. maybe it's because we're so much bigger and heavier than buses...

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

April 1st is early this year...

Horlicks!

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

in my defence your honour

so next time you get pulled for speeding just say ive got toxo........... it's a medical condition in fact as it affects the brain it is a mental illness surely i cant be prosecuted for that

Reply to this Topic
firebirdharris

Aug 09

lol

I knew about toxoplasmosis before this and how the parasite can make humans more reckless/risky as well as rats but i never put with biking. I doubt the pill would be much use to harley riders or slower riders though...

Reply to this Topic
JHB1984

Dec 09

JHB1984 says:

only 1 problem "arryace" ... if you say mental illness, the police will say ... can i have your license please, just for a moment ;o)

Reply to this Topic
SUPERSTARDJ01

Mar 10

What a load of....

CRAPOLA

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING

NOW IM GOING TO GO DRINK CAT PISS......... WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reply to this Topic
lozzer2

Jun 10

lozzer2 says:

a cure for biking?

A pill to cure you from riding bikes? what about a pill to cure you from doing anything thats potentionally dangerous rock climbing, skying,mountainbike riding, etc  or eating any food that is likely to give you heart disease and anything that people enjoy! Come to think of it stop people getting out of bed because people have broken their leg and even died getting out of bed!

Reply to this Topic
CBF1000

Sep 06

CBF1000 says:

This drug isn't new !

This drug isn't new !

Co-trimoxazole­ has been around for years is used to treat quite a lot of general infections, such as urinary tract infections. So this drug is nothing new, it's just that Toxoplasmosis is susectable to the drug.

Just a load of old pee !

Who writes this dribble....... lol .....   :)

Reply to this Topic
AlexL

Feb 09

AlexL says:

France

I'm not surprised to read about the higher road deaths in France. We went to Le Mans GP there a couple of weeks ago, and I was very very "surprised" of what the French riders choose to wear on the bike and how they ride. It seems they wear whatever piece of clothes they stumble upon on their way from their bed to the front door, and in many cases it wasn't much. Certainly no thought goes in to it. Also, in relation to Supermario's post about soap and French and stuff. Ironically, Cantona (being French) was chosen to advertise some 48 hour antiperspirant on the telly. There you are, motorcycles and hygiene, all in one place.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle