Skip to content

Discuss This Tuned, lightened Desmosedici claimed to be ‘world’s most exclusive motorcycle’ New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Tuned, lightened Desmosedici claimed to be ‘world’s most exclusive motorcycle’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Tuned, lightened Desmosedici claimed to be ‘world’s most exclusive motorcycle’

In the world of specials, NCR already produce some of the very best. But this, the Italian firm’s all-new, 200bhp Millona 16, or M16 for short, takes things to an all-new level.  The M16 is based on Ducati’s road-going Desmosedici MotoGP replica – already some kind of ultimate with a £40,000 price tag and 200bhp performance – and then tuned...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 June 2010 10:53)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
antimagneto

Jun 09

antimagneto says:

Can't believe it

I spent hours and hours in my youth scraping carbon OFF my bike - now folk are paying to put more ON!!

Reply to this Topic
Szmolo

Aug 09

Szmolo says:

Great on paper...

but just looks like a modded Firestorm in the flesh! I think the engineering that has gone into this bike is incredible but it I'd rather have a Desmo! I wonder why it doesn't have a full fairing, is it unfinished?

Reply to this Topic
Desmolove

Aug 09

Desmolove says:

Blah, blah blah!!!!

:blink::laugh:Now and only if the mighty smart and elegant designers at the "Vyrus" motorcycles in "San Marino" could get a hold of one of these Desmo engines and then you would be able to see some magnifico and utter gorgeous motorcycles that are not only attractive but also supremely built with performance in mind. Being one of the owners of the so called 1500 units (with the exception of the ones already crashed), I'd say that this is a heretic act since the bike feels light already and does not need extra power as it is. If anything, the handling needs a bit improvement for the slower speed as it is super stiff on none track lower speed roads. I still would love for vyrus to build one. I am thinking of selling mine as my friend at Ducati has brought up a rather important fact to my attention, which scared me horrendously and that is the cost of rebuilding the engine after the 3 years of free maintenance runs out, which is something around the US $50K. According to this source and in his exact words, the cost of repairs of a failed cam, and by that, I assume that he means a total engine failure- will be what I just quoted. I think that I have enjoyed mine enough in the past 2900 miles- I put on the bike and with a year and half of free maintanace left on the bike, I'd rather have it gone before the hasselful engine issues destroying my savings and life. Enough said.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Desmolove

Aug 09

Desmolove says:

Original rear turn signals :(

The O.E.M rear turn signals look hideous indeed and should have been the first items on the "to be removed" list! I'm telling you; with an additional "$15K", you can certainly build an Desmo to a much higher degree of performance and yet maintaining the ultra unique looks of it. I love all kinds of bikes however and yet find this to be a rather bad joke!:dopeyhmmmm:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ClutchDingo

Jun 10

ClutchDingo says:

The fairing is probably where they shaved all of the weight.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Mmmmmmmmmmm??

As a Desmo owner I'm not quite sure what to make of it! I would imagine it must be lethal to ride if it's 26kg less than a standard Desmo and the way the power comes in on a Desmo well, it must  makeit all  very interesting!! Other than  being a Moto gp rider it would be a big challenge!!

Reply to this Topic
tomlloydy

Mar 09

tomlloydy says:

Tidey

1379.31 bhp/tonne thats more than a f1 car right? would be nice to see a race between them or it and a MotoGP bike.

Reply to this Topic
Rumoy

Aug 09

Rumoy says:

The bike as shown will have to be modded to run or be usable. Where's the radiators and oil cooler, the right hand exhaust pipe exits onto, not under the footrest, need to do better NCR. The bike runs very hot as standard, this one ought to implode double quick without radiators or oil cooling.

Reply to this Topic
LaughMuBai

Sep 07

LaughMuBai says:

Get some meat on your bones!

When will it be finished? ;`)

Could be a good design for an electric motor....yuck!

Reply to this Topic
jon_hart

Sep 06

jon_hart says:

Fugly

It's just plain ugly!  (And that's coming from a 'busa owner.)

It look's like something the Chinese might build.

Someone's obviously got too much time and money!  Why not put it to some use, like redisigning my 'busa.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle