Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: ‘The error was mine’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: ‘The error was mine’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: ‘The error was mine’

Valentino Rossi has accepted the blame for the horrific crash that ruined his hopes of winning a third successive MotoGP crown in 2010. Rossi pushed too hard on a new rear Bridgestone tyre that had fallen below optimum working temperature and high-sided his factory YZR-M1 at 110mph in practice for his home race at Mugello last weekend. He suffered a broken right...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (11 June 2010 09:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

at least

he is man enough to admit it... hurry back valentino

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Busa

aye ya right there mate,he's a good 'un :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Refreshing

I think this has to be part of the reason for Rossi's popularity. No bullshitting, no waffle, no "we" did this and "we" did that. Just a simple explanation and the depth of character to accept his responsibilities in the matter. Pure class

Reply to this Topic
FORCE3D

Apr 09

FORCE3D says:

Spot on supermario

You can't help but respect the man for his honesty. I'm sorry to say but you would NEVER hear Casey admit he messed up (numerous times now). Rossi is pure class.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Rossi

Not wishing to say so earlier as it wasn't perhaps the right time, Rossi has confirmed that it was rider error. As has been said it is very honorable of him to own up to this. In no way detracting from this admission I must admit  I was more than  a little surprised that he made such an error of judgement at this moment in time as it is definitely not his norm and this has always been what has separated him from other riders. Well, maybe it was just a lapse of judgement or was he under pressure from Lorenzo? Who knows. Well, it's unfortunate what has happened , not only for him but for the whole Moto gp spectacle and the championship. I don't think the injury will make any difference to him in the long run having , when I was younger, broken my leg and wrist,  fractured my knee in six places six months later and been in a coma for 8 hours  with a fractured skull and still got back on the bike without any fear!! Get well soon!!!

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

force3d

Stoner apologised to his team for Qatar after the race, did he not?

Let's face it, if Stoner had crashed in the same circumstances as Rossi last week, this forum would be awash with "Stoner cracking under the pressure of Lorenzo", etc...

To be clear, I think Rossi was unlucky to be punished so severely for a bit of human error of which all riders are capable.

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

FOR SURE

For sure the Dr made a mistake and paid dearly for it. For him to put his hand up for the error is somehting you expect from the Dr and with no use of the royal we. Heres hoping that he has a speedy recovery and returns to the action as soon as possible. Mugello was a boring procession without him. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

????

Celtic? I thought the Mugello round was a good race. Pedrosa was and seemingly was always going to be "The Man". No? Love him or loathe him F me he was on fire on Sunday!!! Anyone who can't see that is clue less about riding on a race track. As for Rossi he is the Real Deal, admitting his error and he has been punished for it. Respect to Rossi he has admitted a lot of mistakes in the past but he cannot walk away from this one. As fast and furious as Rossi is this was a long time coming ........ 14 yrs without a big one???? Amazing ! Only Biaggi can probably join in that bandwagon considering race starts. How the hell did Biaggi survive some of his WSB crashes of the last coupe of years???? Godspeed and a full and quick recovery Vale, but most of all thanks for giving the forum bleaters the truth................ respect the Valetinik Rossifumi......... what a dude!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Eddy998!

Respect to you since in Moto GP your comments are usually very Stoner biased I am guessing due to your love of Ducati's I have spanked many a trackday god on a Duke but hold no allegiance to any brand. But all you posters should give a bit of props to Eddy998 since it sounds like he has endured some serious injuries himself! Respect Eddy although I do detract from your usual Stoner worship. Best wishes to Vale and Eddy998.......... Biking needs you .............................................

Reply to this Topic
waipipi

Jul 06

waipipi says:

Formula One

Why cant we have the same honesty in F1 - oh no Red Bull no one will concede fault!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices