Skip to content

Discuss This Major incident at TT involving Guy Martin - updated 4:03pm TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Major incident at TT involving Guy Martin - updated 4:03pm

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Major incident at TT involving Guy Martin - updated 4:03pm

Today’s Senior TT has been red flagged – for the first time in its history – following what early reports say is a major incident involving Guy Martin. The incident took place near Balleygary, the ultra-fast section between Union Mills and Glen Vine.    A bike is reported to be on fire and a fire engine has been dispatched, although there is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (11 June 2010 13:30)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bob the builder

Feb 03

He has bruised lungs and a few minor fractures

Very lucky man.

Reply to this Topic
stevekwak

Feb 10

stevekwak says:

Guy Martin

Get well soon Guy and hope to see you racing again in the near future

Reply to this Topic
hiho59

Nov 09

hiho59 says:

Guys Spill...

wishing you a full and speedy recovery.....take it easy now.....top lad ..top rider......

Reply to this Topic
xenamarauder

Jun 10

xenamarauder says:

I was just beside myself with worry listening for Manx TT Radio to give us some news this lunchtime. I too had a bad feeling at the start of this race, I don't know why. Thankfully, Guy is okay (and I can breathe again!). Get well very soon, boy! – you'll always be my TT Hero xxx

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

Latest news on Martin,

Just read this on the TT website :

"Maric Thorpe, Accident and Emergency consultant at Noble’s Hospital in the Isle of Man has issued a statement on the condition of Guy Martin, who crashed on lap three of the Senior TT.The statement said:

“I’m pleased to say that Guy Martin has been talking to us throughout his treatment in A&E at Noble’s Hospital. He has bruising to both lungs and some minor fractures in his upper spine, but is otherwise well.”“We expect him to be in hospital for a few days.”

“Guy asked me to pass on his thanks to his fans for all their support – and tell them that this has nothing to do with lack of commitment from him!” "

Another website also stated "rumours that the Yorkshireman was distracted by a mug of tea being waved from a trackside kitchen are entirely unfounded." I thought that was pretty funny :-)

Looks like he got away with it,lucky man.Yep,we can all breath a sigh of relief now.Time for a cup of tea,anyone want one ?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Get well Get back racing soon sir

Cos I wanna see you back in 100% action mate .That TT WILL be yours oh yes !

Reply to this Topic
sizzler

May 06

sizzler says:

suckin rabbits....

We ll done Guy , top geeza yorkshires think of ya man !!  hope yu get well soon , who the fu**s gonna sort those rabbits out , i have two heros, rossi is one the tutha is a furry faced f***a on a blade...GET WELL SOON GUY.

Reply to this Topic
sizzler

May 06

sizzler says:

connor cummins down also

get well conor, hope yu mend quicky....give guy a kick up the ass for me !! ps on yer good leg !!!

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

thank god they,re ok, i like the tt and ive promised to go there one year ,but i fear that the superbikes are starting to outgrow the roads.

Reply to this Topic
fireflud

Sep 09

fireflud says:

best wishes!

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery! Utmost respect to you!

I'm also a little curious - was he wearing the Dainese airbag suit? If so I wonder how effectively it mitigated serious injury.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices