Skip to content

Discuss This Major incident at TT involving Guy Martin - updated 4:03pm TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Major incident at TT involving Guy Martin - updated 4:03pm

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Major incident at TT involving Guy Martin - updated 4:03pm

Today’s Senior TT has been red flagged – for the first time in its history – following what early reports say is a major incident involving Guy Martin. The incident took place near Balleygary, the ultra-fast section between Union Mills and Glen Vine.    A bike is reported to be on fire and a fire engine has been dispatched, although there is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (11 June 2010 13:30)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Guy

Best wishes from USA...big fan and enjoy the PB column. Jeez, Vale, now this.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Thank God!!!!!

Jeez, I held my breathe for a moment there.

When you see a riders name along with  "major incident at the TT" it's never good at all.

I'm glad Guy is still around and hope he makes a full recovery.

Reply to this Topic
goose4682

Oct 07

goose4682 says:

TOP BLOKE

Glad to hear that Guy is doing OK, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

read this...

Guy said somewhere “Guy asked me to pass on his thanks to his fans for all their support – and tell them that this has nothing to do with lack of commitment from him!”

Anyone here thought that is was a lack of commitment!!!!!!!  Nobody thought that here Guy! 

Somewhere else it said that initial reports that Guy had been distracted by a fan brewing a nice fragrant cup of tea have since turned out to be false.

He would just ruin it by putting the milk in first anyhow.

Amazed one of the big tea companies havent asked if they can sponsor this rider.  Bikers are big tea drinkers and the TT gets out to millions of them.

Reply to this Topic
onitssidechris

Jun 10

Guy and Coner

My thoughts and best wishes go out to Guy and Coner. Both superb riders. Unfortunately the Isle of Man commentators have a history of playing down injuries in the press. I pray they will both make a full recovery. If anybody finds out any news could they post it please.

Reply to this Topic
robmclean71

Oct 05

robmclean71 says:

Phew!

Good to hear Guy is relatively okay, nothing a strong mug of Yorkshire tea won't put reet! Any news on Conor?, not heard anything on the big man.

Reply to this Topic
gazscar

Aug 09

gazscar says:

cummins team web site confirm hes ok , but all our thoughts should be with the family of those who came rode the island but sadley paid the highest price of our sport !!

Reply to this Topic
dodojanik

Jul 08

dodojanik says:

speedy recovery!

i was trying to find a video of the crash but no succes.
at least i got a pic.
Guy is the BEST!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
coddy1972

Aug 06

coddy1972 says:

Connor as well

I think it is pretty poor that MCN, and even the IOM TT websites fail to make much mention of the injuries sustained to Connor Cummins. Especially the IOM website, as at the end of the day he is a local Manx-man.

Connor has suffered a broken arm, a broken knee, and 2 broken vertibrae. Up untill then he was having decent rides in this years TT, with more 131mph laps than anyone.

G.W.S., both Connor and Guy. See you's at the TT next year.

Reply to this Topic
manxman5783

Jun 10

manxman5783 says:

tt

well said coddy, i've been trying to find out about Conor since it happened, lives next door to my cuz.

Not sure, but think TT got redflagged when Paul Oritt had his big Bray Hill tankslapper

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices