Skip to content

Discuss This Bike-catching new speed cameras still don’t work General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bike-catching new speed cameras still don’t work

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Bike-catching new speed cameras still don’t work

Speed camera bosses are no closer to fixing a cock-up which has rendered an £800,000 high-tech new camera network unusable.  Rear-facing average-speed cameras on Cheshire’s A537 Cat and Fiddle road from Macclesfield to Buxton were supposed to be switched on by Easter to catch motorcyclists.  But the Cheshire Safer Roads Partnership is still at a loss over what to do...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (11 June 2010 15:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeucharsMc

Jan 10

DeucharsMc says:

The point aint missed Sallison

Like every other biker I am only to well aware of the money raised by schemes and gatso etc. Thats a point only a fucking ailen would miss! My point is the arseholes involved in the mess will no doubt to carry on regardless of the huge cost to us the tax payer because no one will be held to account. In fact they will no doubt to go on to spend even more money to fix the fault!! I work in the public sector and see these twats protected while thousands of pounds gets wasted on ideas thought up overnight.

Reply to this Topic
elseanno

Aug 02

elseanno says:

R U Kidding?

How can you folks tolerate the degree of tracking that you're subject to in the UK? How long until they chip all of you and follow your every move from cradle to grave? Stand up for yourself for crying out loud.

Elseanno

Reply to this Topic
speedy231278

Jun 10

speedy231278 says:

Well, they're obviously thick.  If they stick a third camera on the shortcut, you can then prove the route the bike (or car) took.  Surely it's obvious?  Or did they overlook such simplicity in their quest to raise yet more cash from the motor community?

Reply to this Topic
chris783

Jun 10

chris783 says:

a537 speed cameras

I'm not a biker but travel that road every day.
I have a feeling that the camera at the beginning of each of the three legs is a dummy.
The reason I say this is that when they were installing the cameras no cables were laid to these whereas all the others on the straight section of road near the cat and fiddle pub were cabled.
There is also some control boxes near the pub but none anywhere else.
Chris

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices