Skip to content

Discuss This Lone protestor blocks parking demo General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Lone protestor blocks parking demo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Lone protestor blocks parking demo

A lone protestor took matters into his own hands to block a demo ride over motorcycle parking charges.   The unnamed man stood in front of a bike to halt a slow-ride around Trafalgar Square. Campaign group No to the Bike Parking Tax (NBPT) has organised a series of ‘motorcycle flash mobs’ in the city centre over Westminster Council’s £1-a-day charge to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (11 June 2010 16:00)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

ooh look dumb asses on bikes cant get past a fat speed bump

I know he is a fat guy but go round him seems easy solution basicly would have continued riding the second he try to push someone off there bike kill him he puts hand on you you can break it under self defence act as for guy has ever right to protest the protest who cares the fact that all those people on bikes stood and let him deserve everything they get dumb asses when they grow up they might be men rather than mice

Reply to this Topic
RedLion

Dec 08

RedLion says:

Isn't he doing you a favour?

Maybe I've misunderstood this situation, but isn't this guy doing you a favour???

Isn't the objective of the parking protest to cause maximum disruption, generate maximum media interest and do it all lawfully?

By standing there, he's brought you all to a standstill, created even greater disruption, increased the media attention and all the time the parking protestors have done their bit 'lawfully'.

Result!

;o)

Reply to this Topic
Dawnc

Jun 10

Dawnc says:

Huh!!

"he can be charged for, disobeying the public order act, being a public nuisanceand obstruction under the traffic act."

Does the same not apply to all the NTBP protestors?

The name calling and commenting on his appearance is childish, he's fat, so what!!

I am a biker however I do not suuport the chaos being cuased by the NTBPF protestors to innocent Londoners who have nothing to do with it, this man is doing the same as the NTBPF lot, excercising his right to protest so deal with it ;o)

Reply to this Topic
simon0600

Jun 10

simon0600 says:

I was on the protest next this bike when it happened.  He first sat on the bikers front mudguard which is not a good idea.  He then started giving racist insults to protesters with a foreign accent. 

Our protests are fully within the law and we have a very good relationship with the police. 

But yes he did help cause congestion, after a while i think this dawned on him and he left.

so although he thought he was standing up for something, he was in fact a racist tying to cause criminal damage and obstructing the highway.  no real hero here, 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices