Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Guy Martin - alive and drinking a cuppa General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: Guy Martin - alive and drinking a cuppa

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Marc Abbott  says:

Video: Guy Martin - alive and drinking a cuppa

We've just received this special video message from Isle of Man TT star Guy Martin, in which the decidedly fortunate road racer promises to be back soon! Guy Martin: “I'm alright boy” Good to see his crash in the Senior TT hasn't changed his enthusiasm for racing, or for a good brew. For the full story behind the crash, and an...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (14 June 2010 17:28)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thelegend68

Jun 10

thelegend68 says:

True Racer!

Thank God (If You Believe In One & I Don't) For a true racer!

Guy I think you and all your fellow racers are nutters for racing on the Island, but that's the appeal. My Dads best friend was Rod Gould, who always said that only most racers (Including the mighty Joey Dunlop) could only leave the Island in a wooden box.

Don't end it too late you are a true legend already....

Enjoy going back to the Cock 'o' The North knowing that you are one of the best.

Reply to this Topic
thelegend68

Jun 10

thelegend68 says:

Yorkshire Tea...

Guy,

One more point.. Yorkshire "Gold" is the Tea to rave about, So if they send you too much this time of the ordinary stuff, give me a call & I'll find a use for the good stuff!!

Reply to this Topic
toyotav8383

Sep 09

toyotav8383 says:

just to say

just to say i think its proper good of ya to make an aperance letting all the fans know that your all in one bit and smilling,...i enjoyed a first year at the island and am in ore of the bravery,hoping the speediest of recovery!!zx10r

Reply to this Topic
dayodavis

Jan 10

dayodavis says:

good luck

Good luck guy, not good see you like this but get ur self back on the road, hope to see you at cadwell(trackDay) nice to meet you.thake care.Damian from Liverpool

Reply to this Topic
martyn23

Mar 09

martyn23 says:

Top Bloke

Speedy recovery Guy.Here's looking forward to next years TT.

Reply to this Topic
blue bandit

Aug 02

blue bandit says:

few gallons of tea should put that right

I remember you testing our 6 cylinder prototype bike at 180mph and  shagged a new  rear tyre , you were spinning the back wheel in each gear.  Then you came and sat on my 1927 Sunbeam 'bike at the retro race show in stoneleigh last year.  A lot safer than the TT  and the namby pambies say speed kills , you prove it doesn't . 

I liked your strop in the pits in Douglas  As you say there is always a tolerance on any number -  its usually a plus /  minus figure but I guess the rule was max speed 60kph - but your overspeed was so miniscule it didn't warrant the 30s penalty . They should only measure in full tenths of kph.

Get well soon  , hope to see you about sometime - a few down hill rides on your mtb should get you fit again , but take care

alan

Reply to this Topic
cat5cable

May 09

cat5cable says:

Top bloke, the speeding thing is just plain mad who came up with that idea, get well soon

Reply to this Topic
ulsterflyer

Jun 10

ulsterflyer says:

guy martin

hi Guy good to see you with a smile on your face hope to see you at the ulster get well soon

Reply to this Topic
VitorR

Jan 09

VitorR says:

Get Well soon and better luck next time!

Unfortunate crash but the important thing is everything's OK now!

Reply to this Topic
carlos7

May 09

carlos7 says:

All the Best..!

Hope your back at it soon Guy, your one top bloke and everyone hope to see you back to your best.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices