Skip to content

Discuss This Bayliss saves best till last to top Ducati test World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Bayliss saves best till last to top Ducati test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Bayliss saves best till last to top Ducati test

Despite announcing that he will not make a comeback and race in the World Superbike Championship, Troy Bayliss left Misano at the top of the time sheets having out paced Noriyuki Haga, Michel Fabrizio, Carlos Checa and Shane Byrne. The three time WSB champion set a stunning 1.35.6s best on his very last lap of the day to lead the way...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (14 June 2010 20:09)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
assen03

Dec 08

assen03 says:

Living legend

Please come back Troy, even if it's for just one race!

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Baylisstic!!!!!!!!!!!

Bayliss, what can you say that's not been said before? What are Haga and Fabrizio playing at?????????????? Reckon Bayliss would have won the championship this year and probably last year to, not to take anything away from Spies, if he had been racing. The man is a machine!!!!!!! Pity he has had second thoughts about returning. Never know, maybe he'll come back yet!!

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

Top bloke - makes them all look shite and naffs off!!!!!

I love Bayliss. Not literally of course, there'll be none of that poofter behaviour with Troy 'The Mans Man' Bayliss. I love him in the sense he came, kicked ass and went home for a BBQ leaving the current racers looking like half wits. Good old Troy.

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

Bayliss versus Spies...

Good point, and can you imagine the scrapping? WOW.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Good that he's finished ...

Bayliss' compatriot, and 2 time WSBK Champ,Troy Corser couldn't have put it better a fortnight ago when commenting on the proposed/possible/maybe/if /but/kinda/perhaps Bayliss come-back ... " If you are asking me could he cut it, YES - you don't forget how to be fast. But for him to come back I think is incorrect. If he wanted to still be racing he should not have retired in the first place, to be honest. For me it is really just to pull Ducati out of the shit. I would like to think that Troy is a bit more grown-up than that, to come back just because someone can give him a bike. Sure he can make some money but at risk of getting injured after such a successful career? " Mr Corser would know and echoes my own thoughts pretty much exactly.

Too many people are posting wanting him back. Are you really interested in what is best for Troy Bayliss and his family, or merely your own selfish interests? He has given us years of class and thrills and shown how to be a Champion without carrying on like a raw prawn or a pork chop. Thanks, Troy. You were just great and have nothing left to prove. Good luck to you and yours

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

Aquarius sez it all

Well put Aquarius, I agree 100%.

TB - you gave us a brilliant show - now it's time to spend with your family and relax. Chill and take care. Ciao for now.

Reply to this Topic
Stew9955

Nov 04

Stew9955 says:

Laconi

Great to see Regis back on a bike after his terrible injuries last year, hope he is fit to race soon.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Bayliss

Top Bloke yeah he should come back , he's good enough . Whomever wins the WSBK title will have won it because Bayliss wasnt there , It'll be a hollow victory in a way. Knowing things had a high chance of being different if He was racing .As for his getting injured , well he's nothing to prove in wsbk but anyone can get injured , once theyve made enough cash to retire , whats the point in carrying on? if its for other reasons than the cash then why retire at the top of your game? I dont really care about Troys  interests I do care about mine though , thats true 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
spiller1000

Sep 09

spiller1000 says:

although

i would like to be a fly on the wall in that garage .. can u imagine whats being said to who....... im sure theyre trying to talk him into a few one off races at least then twist his arm to a few more .. do you know he really does make a joke of the current factory riders do they really deserve there rides ?  hes been off the pace now over a year now then comes back and slaughters them .. i must be sick but it is good to see him do it and i thoroughly enjoy reading about it    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, its good to see mr laconi out and a bout ,,, nasty crash

Reply to this Topic
Rumoy

Aug 09

Rumoy says:

Stayed in the same hotel as the WSB team this week. Troy always had time for us, never refused an autograph, he even took the p out of my bike being a Ducati & having a blown head! The most approachable genuine guy, a class act, we'll miss him.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices