Skip to content

Discuss This Horex name revived with all-new 200bhp V6 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Horex name revived with all-new 200bhp V6

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Horex name revived with all-new 200bhp V6

This radical, all-new, narrow-angle, 1200cc, V6 roadster has just been unveiled in Germany – the first new Horex motorcycle in 50 years. Launched out of the blue in Munich after being under secret development for the last five years, the radical, supercharged machine is set to go into production in Germany in early 2011 before going on sale worldwide throughout...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (16 June 2010 11:16)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
huntersthompso

Feb 10

nice to see

nice to see new and interesting stuff, the time scale seems optimistic, as dose the cost, (as in that's cheap for a bespoke engine with a supercharger)also a 1200cc 6 cinder should be capable of 175 to 200hp with out a super charger?, all very interesting and a wish them the bets of luck,,,also not so sure about the looks my self?

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Like it.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

apart from the seat

the rear mudguard

the triple piped exhaust !?

and that side polished casing

it looks quite nice

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Dated

Such a shame they bolted a late 70s / early 80s style bike to that wonderful engine.  Would make a lovely modern sport tourer.

Reply to this Topic
DrVibrafly

Feb 10

DrVibrafly says:

Bit bland...

With specs like that you'd think they'd spend a bit more time on making it look a bit more exciting.  Don't get me wrong, it's not ugly, it just looks a bit bland.  I like the naked look but it's not a bike that will stand out in a crowd.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

The styling is a little bland, but what a first effort! Will be very interesting to hear the engine running.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Designed by Engineers

..not fashioned in passion. Teutonic efficiency at its finest. Hideous, but you could invade Poland on it. And a brown seat. Brown was LAST years black, just like yesterdays politician...

Reply to this Topic
MrButterscotch

Jul 09

Styling

Quite unusual.  Like a modern day take on a vintage bike.  Looks odd for something with that much power but I do like it.

Reply to this Topic
AlexL

Feb 09

AlexL says:

good stuff

huntersthompo, I guess it can make that power without the supercharger, but with a high rev limit. I think they are adding the supercharger for the low speed torque, and a lower rev limit. Would this fit in somewhere close to VMax territory? On the styling, its unusual....but thats good, right?

Reply to this Topic
hondarc30

Jul 09

hondarc30 says:

This is excellent..

....the last time I saw a truly unique motorcycle it was the original Honda GL1000 Goldwing. This bike is one of a kind...a sort of classic modern mega road-burning standard....and everything on this bike looks quality. 

I'm all for new bike companies...especially when they produce a v6, 1200cc engine.....with a supercharger!! Should be an unforgettable ride experience....and without a fairing and bent forward riding position it should be possible to enjoy the power without losing your licence.

Bring it on Horex !!   

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices