Skip to content

Discuss This London bus lane trial extended General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > London bus lane trial extended

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

London bus lane trial extended

A trial of motorcycles in London bus lanes is to be extended, Boris Johnson announced today. The Mayor of London said: “The chaos that was predicted by some doomsayers has clearly not materialized and, as I suspected would be the case, we have found substantial support for the measure.” An 18-month trial of motorcycles sharing bus lanes on London’s major routes was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (16 June 2010 13:11)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wheelerdj

Sep 09

wheelerdj says:

Why London?

Why is this just in London? The Government should make bus lanes open to motorcyclists nationwide and override any local authorities that resist it!

(The pun was unintentional but I like it!)

Reply to this Topic
studownie

Sep 06

studownie says:

bus lanes

I know it is a good thing but it only applies to certain bus lanes. In the New Malden/Kingston area of Greater London we can use some but not all bus lanes so rather than take the risk of getting a ticket I wont use them as you have to take your eyes off the road to read the various signs. Until all bus lanes are open to us I shall continue to be very wary of using any of them.

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Pound a day parking

anyonebutmurray

It starts off at a pound a day then ends up a £1 an hour that is why they are fighting the charge, the charge is unjust and completely out of order.

If they only charged the £1 for sucure parking I think that may be more aceptable but its not, if the £1 was for the use of the security system only then yes I think that would aceptable but it is clearly just to leave your bike in a bay that should be free.

So it is right for them to challenge the charge which westminster is so keen to force onto people.

Also you can only pay this charge via your mobile phone which means you have to hand over your credit card details over the phone to someone you have no idea who your talking to, not exactly the wisest thing to do.

The extension of the bus lane is a good idea but why he didn't go all out is because the election will be within that time so he will need our support to get back in, as Ken was against even trying out the scheme i guess the chances are bikers will put their safety above the improvements ken might bring in other areas.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices