Skip to content

General Drink Driving Limit? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Drink Driving Limit?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

twicky999

Sep 09

twicky999 says:

Drink Driving Limit?

Govt Proposes halving the drink drive limit. I personally think its a good idea, especially on a bike. I wouldnt even go near alcohol if im on my bike- (even in the morning after a night out) 

I would go so far as saying that a complete ban on having alcohol in your system - like in the aviation world.
What about you guys and gals?? 
:smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (16 June 2010 14:32)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ktfcmatt

Apr 10

ktfcmatt says:

I

dont think a total ban is a good idea, it may well kill off even more pubs.  But I do think bikers should never drink. I usually have 1 and a half if im driving and even when i got stopped by the police last week, I was well under.

Reply to this Topic
pete369

Jul 08

pete369 says:

i think

total ban would be better and easier to police!! sorry swearing again!! i dont drive after a drink but i wont say i never have,

but do think it would be a good idea

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Aye

no drink at all,ffs the fukkers are crap enuff at it :shock:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Do we have all the info?

I'm deffo not a supporter of drink driving but I think people aren't considering all situations. At the moment in the UK we already have drink driving laws, the only differences is the amount being suggested. I was under the impression that the current limit equates to about a pint of medium strength beer. If they're talking about lowering it further than that does it mean you'll be over the limit with a glass of shandy?? I would also like to know the truth behind why the current limit is supposedly not effective.

A total ban means you loose your licence for using some mouth washes or being on some medications rather than having drank. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

well said spon ..

ppl aint thinking straight , so heres a lesson on a TOTAL 0% tolerance >>> , go to the pub & have 2 pints ( norm strength beer / lager ) , the night BEFORE!!!!  , go home , have yer tea , early night ( cos yer up at 05.30 ) , get pulled at say ????? , 06.30 am & guess what ?? ya got a minute trace of alcohol in yer blood ( yer BANNED ) , load of fuggin shite , yer stone cold , with 00000.01 % in yer system , yer ' tarnished forever ' , btw .. we got one of the most harsh d&d laws ALREADY  in place ( defo in europe ) , & yes have been done for d&d , in 2000 , ( never on a bike tho ) cos it just SSOOOOOOOO dont mix , leave it as it is ( if it aint broke dont fix it ) , the laws ALREADY in place ( p.s , get OUT of new labours way of thinking ) , tis why the country's fugged  , COMMON SENSE  rules ok ??

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

limit

have to agree with  a zero limit...Bikes and booze dont mix and certainly not cars etc......I recall in the old days when I got home in half the usual time on the bike but didnt remember the run at all!!!!!!!Itried to replicate the time for that run on many occasions but never got near it,,,,,idiot!

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

drinking

and riding a bike is crazy and i never do it (much). but if you have had 15 to 20 pints the night before it can make riding the next morning more therapeutic.

but i think driving a car with 8 to 10 pints should be acceptable, and bring back the country pubs to life, as they are dying off terribly.

and to have a total ban is craziness .:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

None for me, thank you.

I am almost under the table by the time I reach the legal limit Then I think I'm a brilliant driver! This means no drink at all for me.

Could have it's bright side though. I'd be a really cheap date!

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

bazablue

so you drank and rode a bike :shock: and you a ex copper :shock:

should you not hand yourself in, and admit your crimes?

no wonder you want zero limit, as it makes it another easy nick for the police..

one rule for the police another for everyone else springs to mind.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Zero limit is not possible

Your body always has a degree of alcohol in it depending on what you eat and your metabolic rate.

Reducing the limit will not make any difference, the 5+ pint dickheads will still drink 5+ pints and try & get away with it.

Target the dickheads if you want to stop drink drive accidents and target the drug users who've been taking the piss for years.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices