Skip to content

Discuss This New BMW K1600LT spy shot New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New BMW K1600LT spy shot

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

New BMW K1600LT spy shot

This is the first picture showing BMW’s new six-cylinder K1600LT luxury tourer, due on sale next year. The new machine uses the forward-canted engine shown in the BMW Concept 6 show at the Milan Show. The pictures taken in California show everything you’d expect from a Honda Goldwing-rivalling tourer – a large fairing with adjustable screen, a large dual seat and a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (17 June 2010 11:06)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Oliebloke

Dec 05

Oliebloke says:

dOESN'T LOOK ANYTHING SPECIAL

The engine better be incredible or the bike has some incredible fancy technology on it cause it doesn't look that different to the RT, even the panniers look borrowed from it and the rear passenger seat looks like it has been super glued on. Who knows maybe theres a big revelation coming.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Looks like those big Suzuki scooters. Which isnt a good thing.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Oups, seems to be some lag...sorry.

Reply to this Topic
Bloodhound

Nov 08

Bloodhound says:

BMW Burgman

So the choice is a probably very expensive BMW burgman that will breakdown and cost a fortune to service or the build quallity and legend that is the Gold wing let me think for a second.  

before you all tghink I am just jealous I have owned a BMW and a few Hondas and all I can say is if you dream of owning a BMW the dream is a lot better tham the reality. It cost me £1000 in repair bills in 9 months and thats on a bike with only 12600 miles on the clock and full BMW service history. BMW did not want to know about good will gestures, the bike was out of warranty that was that even though it was a known issue on this model. So good luck with this one

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Not sure about the inline.

Surely BMW experience with opposed engines means they could knock up something to rival the GL's flat six, on this kind of bike having the engine slung low is paramount, it may be lighter than a 'wing but with an inline engine I suspect it will may well feel heavier. It looks all right as a more luxurious alternative to the K1300GT/Pan/FJR's of this world, but doesn't look to have the presence and shear 'over the top' you get from the GL, While large and probably comfy, the pillion backrest looks puny next to the wingback affair on the wing and on this kind of bike where performance is almost secondary to comfort and pose potential it will be firmly in the shadow of the 1800.

Reply to this Topic
thesanguine

Aug 02

thesanguine says:

Don't believe the hype

http://www.bmwlemon.com/dontbmwcare.htm

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN