Skip to content

Sport Sell Out??? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > Sell Out???

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

dmoore999

Jun 10

dmoore999 says:

Sell Out???

Good morning all..

Just bought a general admin ticket from the silverstone web site then realised this was for 2011! - they have no news about whether Sunday is sold out or not - yesterday I saw they were not selling any more tickets on-line for general admission on sunday - however they did say you could pay on the day?! - this has now dissappered.  Clever marketing ploy to sell next years tickets as default!...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 June 2010 09:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

2011????

Wow! if this is true, then Silverstone has trumped Donington for ripoffs at the first attempt. I didn`t think anyone could beat them at all.

That aside, I will show my arse in Darlington Market place if its a sell out this weekend.

Silverstone hosts well over 120000 people for F1 so I humbly suggest, just turn up on Sunday and walk in.

I on the other hand will be watching at home. My days of paying so much hard earned money to British circuits are long gone. We go to a foreign track each year and I suppose we are spoilt as a result.

Good luck.

Reply to this Topic
alol

May 06

alol says:

Silverstone Moto GP

I listened with intent on Friday's Eurosport coverage & the Silverstone MD Richard Phillips proclaimed when he was in the commentary box with Toby Moody that a "general admission ticket will be valid for ALL grandstands on Saturday". A complete lie, the only grandstands that were FOC were the Luffield ones. Me & the missus managed to get in to the Maggotts/Becketts one cos a dozy G4S muppet had gone AWOL from his sentry post. Distant views, the aforementioned sequence of corners are one line on a GP bike & the arrowhead complex is Michael Mouse.

Like cheeky monkey says, better off going to a foreign GP, Catalunya here we come!!

Reply to this Topic
k100rs

Aug 02

k100rs says:

General admission is a joke

General admission is a joke. To get a decent view of the bikes on track, you need a grandstand seat. We stood at Luffield general 'viewing', at the back of a crowd ten deep, trying to see over heads, shoulders and a bloody great wire fence. If it hadn't been for the big TV, we'd have seen nothing. What a waste of £116.

Reply to this Topic
hazi1512

Jun 10

hazi1512 says:

rip off uk bike fans

:mellow:like i said on another forum lets get this sorted mcn we are feed up with companys taking us for mugs ,if they had made it all general admission to all the stands then like k100rs said there would have been no need to be penned in like sheep it would have made more money ,and everything ,the entertainment was all down the start finish and  maggotts why was that .thats right for those who dont really like moto gp but the business men and corperet vips,time to start and yell fellow bikers enough is enough

Reply to this Topic
snailblazer

Jan 04

snailblazer says:

Voted with my feet

First time I have n't been to British GP in 5 years.

I believe attendance was reported as 70,000 wasn't Donnington last year 90,000?

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Snailblazer...

It could be the Rossi no show effect, or the move from Donington.

It will all be clear at Assen this weekend. If anyone hears what the attendances are there compared to last year, please post `em up.  It will be interesting to see how many just go to see the GOAT. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle