You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > Rip Off

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

doctorfrank

Dec 08

doctorfrank says:

Rip Off

Just spent the last 4 days at silverstone and on the whole have to say they have done a far better job than donington,but why do they have to take the piss with,

1.Grandstand ticket prices

2.Food and drink prices,£3.80 for a can of carlsberg,joke or what

and very interestingly I went to the F1 practice last year on the sat cos I'd never seen one and wanted to see what silverstone was all about,on the way out of the circuit the A43 all 4 lanes were one way to get traffic out and to the M1,not yesterday,took us 1 hour to do 12 miles .

We have had years of queing to get out at donington come on silverstone not here as well.... 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (21 June 2010 08:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
k100rs

Aug 02

k100rs says:

Rip off? - absolutely

Unless you can afford to buy a grandstand ticket, don't bother. You won't be able to see anything.

Reply to this Topic
hazi1512

Jun 10

hazi1512 says:

rip off uk bike fans

come on all lets get the ball rolling sort silverstone out stop the rip off of the great british biker there`s only 4 weeks to wsb there and if nothings done it will be the same and at the bsb to so come ,shout out

Reply to this Topic
Josh99

Jun 10

Josh99 says:

Rip Off??????????

Where are you guys coming from???

I paid 100 quid for a 3 day pass including a grand stand seat, hardly a rip off. For that I got not only MotoGP, but Supercross, Motocross, Supermoto, Superstock, Stunt shows, Live bands etc etc. My only issue was there was so much going on I couldn't see all of it!

There was a bus service to get you round, and if you had got to the official Silverstone cafe, coffee was 1.80!!

As for getting out, some delays are always innevitable and expected, so don't turn this thread into a lets whinge at Silverstone now Donington is f**ked

It was a great effort, no complaints, organised beyond belief, and I have no doubt will be even better next year

I'll be there

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

Josh99.. whistling the same tune....

.... the venue was not just world class, but world beating....it's been along time coming...roll on 2011 and an extension to the contract....

Reply to this Topic
2ellett

Jan 04

2ellett says:

Josh99 I'm with you

What you said and more.  As a parents taking our 9 and 7 year old along it was brilliant, even the fair rides were free.  Lets face it we are all clever enough to know that if you go to these events food prices are going to be high so you can either budget for it, self cater, go hungry or stay at home.  Everything Donington should have been but never ever could be. Well done Silverstone.

Reply to this Topic
k100rs

Aug 02

k100rs says:

Still a rp off

Sounds like you had a great day Josh99. I'm jealous. Maybe if I could have had 3 days to spend there I might have picked up two of these amazing ticket deals. I was only able to get there Sunday, the decent stand seats had sold (for silly money) and £116 was what you had to pay to see the back of someone's head. I still won't be going again.

Reply to this Topic
simonmoto

Mar 08

simonmoto says:

Robbery

I was seething all afternoon on Sunday - ruined the excellent racing for me. I arrived early on Sunday expecting general entry £55 only to find I had to pay £75 for a reserved grandstand seat, which I didn't want, at Stowe where there was no big screen. Silverstone cynically made £20 from every on the day ticket buyer - BASTARDS. I won't be going back again. Come on Donington get it back together.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BIGMat

Jul 09

BIGMat says:

A great day

My only issue was the veiwing areas for non grandstanders.

Basically there weren't any good ones. Now, before motogpnonipples gives me another un-called for slating, I didn't expect the veiwing to be brilliant, but the fences were miles back at all points on the curcuit.

There seemed to be a distinct lack of toilet facilities as well. We were queing for half an hour almost, just for a piss!!!!

The racing was great though, thouroghly enjoyed the day apart from those niggles. 

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

Cool your boots.......

...... BIGMAC..... I was also at the GP, wandered around on saturday and found the non-grandstand places to be just fine. Luffield did get a bit more crowded on the day, we went to the Vale both days and sat in the stand..... the viewing in front of us seemed good and had full view of the screen, even on the other side of the track beneath the screen seemed a popular spot and close to the real action. Between races the toilets at the Vale were to capacity...... so I did what any male would do in those circumstances... you work it out.. so for me a great couple of days, no great shakes, and roll-on 2011.......

I will enjoy my ride to Donington to see the sign that says..... this site for sale Development opportunities..........

Reply to this Topic
afs98mrj

May 04

afs98mrj says:

stalker

...BIGMat...you seem to have a stalker...:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN