Skip to content

Ask an Expert Headlamp deflectors R1200RT Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Headlamp deflectors R1200RT

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jollyboatman

Jun 10

jollyboatman says:

Headlamp deflectors R1200RT

Planning a trip to europe (on my new, to me, toy) shortly but can't see where to fit deflectors/blanking tape to adjust the headlight beam.

What has anyone else done re this?

Suggestions?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (22 June 2010 10:09)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

blanks

Welcome j,the instructions/measurements should be in your handbook,if you have a flat/level dipped beam your ok,if you have an upswept (to the left) dipped beam i suggest a dark garage and somebody positioning dark tape so as to get rid of the upsweep light.  

Reply to this Topic
Hommedv

Feb 09

Hommedv says:

R1200RT headlamps

I've been touring Europe for 5 years on my RT without worrying about any deflectors.  There are 2 parts to this. Firstly I just adjusted the headlamps down using the screw adjuster behind the headlamps (to the rh side looking forward) then secondly, there is a further adjustment to lower the lamps especially for continental touring. This second adjuster is a lever just centre left behind the headlamps, which either  fits flush to the back of the lamps or locks out facing rearwards. You can see the headlamps rise and fall as you operate it. The only diffcult thing is finding it.
The other thing I should add is that it is not recommended to stick things onto the headlamp 'glass' as the adhesive can cause damage. If you are still unsure, then you can just take out the nearside bulb, still leaving you with one dipped running headlamp on.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wynner

Jan 04

wynner says:

Sticky tape

I wasn't keen on sticking tape on my FJR headlamps but stuck the tape to the inside of my after-market headlamp protector/covers.:wink:

Reply to this Topic
jollyboatman

Jun 10

jollyboatman says:

headlamp deflectors R1200RT

Thanks for the suggestions - will try these out over the weekend.

Reply to this Topic
neilybabe

Mar 05

neilybabe says:

headlamp deflectors

I used ordinary insulating tape when I first went over which didn't damage anything or leave any residue, but the last couple of times I haven't bothered, and have had no problems.:sunglasses: 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices