Skip to content

Discuss This The new Kawasaki ZX-10R: For and against New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > The new Kawasaki ZX-10R: For and against

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

The new Kawasaki ZX-10R: For and against

This sketch of the next Kawasaki ZX-10R has just been released by the Japanese firm as it attempts to get both the road and racing bikes on top of the 1000cc class. Video: Kawasaki reveals teaser of new ZX-10R MCN’s inside sources says the bike will be a completely new take on the ZX-10R theme, with a much more compact engine,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (22 June 2010 16:35)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nellopuma

Feb 03

nellopuma says:

looks cool to me!!

Looks great, much better than the models of recent years. All the usual negatives in here, don't want it then don't buy it! I for one will just enjoy looking at it.....................There are plenty of bikes out there for Mr Snave and the rest of them.......I am for it, but i wont be buying it. I am Happy with my 1098!

''I'm not in the slightest interested in another spurtbike with 1/2 squidge less weight and 10 bazollikins more go'' Why are you reading this thread then and what do all these silly words mean??

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Righto Phil

Do they now make sense at over 130 mph?  Gosh I can still remember when they really came into their own at over 100 mph.  I guess I'm the last old fart out there who would really like a sport tourer with hard bags, a shaft drive, and weighing no more than 550 lbs.  Even the Honda Deauville can't measure up.  Anyway, with respect to the latest codpiece from Kawasaki:  I'll bet dollars to doughnut holes that the finished product won't look nearly as dramatic as the artist's rendering.  

Reply to this Topic
arnunn

Jul 06

arnunn says:

Mixed thoughts

At 42 years old married man with a young son, I live a sensible life, eat sensible food,I have a sensible job, try not to drink too much etc etc. I need a bike to cover 240 Kms a day, be fairly comfortable and reliable.

But a sensible bike just doesn't hit the spot, what I want is great looks, mental engine and sharp handling, and I'll put up with a bit of discomfort. I hope the new zx10 is all it should be for those who want to feel alive/scared and excited (even if it is only briefly). I will admit that no longer living in the UK I can get away with riding more aggresively on fairly empty well maintained camera free roads, so this type of bike makes a bit more sense than elsewhere. However I just wish that they wouldn't keep making them smaller! with no tank range, thank God for the Hayabusa!

I will never own a top of the range sports car, but at least I can have the bike to beat it.

Reply to this Topic
AFKAN

Apr 07

AFKAN says:

Fantastic...

But since when has the final thing ever resembled the original awesome drawings?

Reply to this Topic
theMaskedAvenger

Jun 10

Tired

Grrrreat! Another hedge-seeking missile for mid-40s wannabe superbike riders to wobble around country lanes 3 or 4 weekends a year on.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Aint nothing wrong with it

I dont see why ppl are quick to dismiss kawasaki's efforts for the new zx10rr. Being a big Honda fan i do wish them success. Sports bikes are great imo as much as a bog standard 600 commuter, so each to their own.

This bike is aimed at specific market as much as any bike so if it aint for you dont knock it. Sweeping debates such as "TO or FOR " are rediculous. (MCN you really should have thought this through before adding that piece into your article).

I enjoy my smaller bike as much as my fireblade, both offer something different and its great to have a choice.

Bike development can only go forward and i wish kawasaki well in this case. I cannot wait to see it myself, its gonna be something special !!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

nice one bro

well said banzai.................noones gonna make em buy it so if they dont like it, well thats there problem.  All the best to kawasaki, I think they deserve a little time in the spot light!!!!

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

arnun

have to hand it to you too mate...........................i thought you were reading a scripture from my life going on about being sensible, eating etc etc.............yes your right, life sometimes is just quite normal, we do need something like a zx10 just to light our fires!!!!   and for cars that just keep getting faster and 10fold more expensive, at least we can enjoy the buzz for only 12k...............sometimes people just like to slate things cause they have nothing better to do!!!!!  

Reply to this Topic
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

Against

I have to agree with Phil West (maybe because I'm  an old-ish git also!). 190BHP, okay for the track or the TT, but on normal roads? The question is that can most mere mortal riders (like me) handle all that power? I would rather a slower bike and enjoy just riding around at modest speed and within the law. The styling is a bit Star Trek..but then again I'm getting old!

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

Well this is just silly. Now think about this, just because people choose to use sportsbikes such as the zx10r to commute and cruise around on doesnt mean thats what theyre designed for thats just how some use it. They are designed to win races, just like motorcross bikes are designed to go off road, and tourers are designed... to well tour. You dont attack cruisers saying 'great another slow bike with little ground clearance and overweight' much like you dont say 'great a motorcross bike that is vibey and rubbish on motorways'... just think about this it's incredibly stupid. Obviously the best thing suited for riding on the road would be like speed triple's, z1000's, superduke's, cb1000r's etc

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices