Skip to content

Discuss This Top ten v-twins First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Top ten v-twins

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Top ten v-twins

More than 12,000 MCN readers have responded to our Biking Britain survey this year, and your combined scores on the bikes you own and love (or hate) have allowed us to put together this definitive list of your top 10 v-twin motorcycles.         Find a bike for sale now Here are the machines that topped your list of v-twins:           10 - Ducati 748 (94-03) £840-£4010Overall rating: 90%Info:...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (22 June 2010 17:25)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CharlieR

Feb 10

CharlieR says:

Guzzi?

Or is this the list of inline v-twins, not all v-twins?

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Wot, no SV650....?

I reckon there's been more UK SV650 registrations than that lot put together.

Reply to this Topic
jimsmimm

Apr 06

jimsmimm says:

Wot, no SV650....?

I reckon there's been more UK SV650 registrations than that lot put together.

yeah mate ..theres plenty of vauxhall corsas out there but it dont make them better than a ferrari

and as for... Harley Electra Glide .....pull the other one...

Reply to this Topic
dasKraut

Jun 10

dasKraut says:

I agree the harly is a v twin but it does not fit in with the rest and I personally miss the aprilia RSV Mille Factory R in the list but i gues the Tuno is more or less the same just withou fairing.

Reply to this Topic
lee711

Nov 08

lee711 says:

IMO

The best V-Twin.........:biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
marktt04

May 10

marktt04 says:

NO SV650S

wow,i cant believe the SV650S is not on here.It was the first big bike i ever had,great bike,sporty when it needs to be but not to harsh,i did all year round riding on this bike the only upgrade needed was heated grips and gel battery for winter starting ! Easy to work on,cheap servicing,Good for long distance miles,i am 6'4" and a comfortable bike for a tall fella....

Reply to this Topic
hondagixer

Aug 02

hondagixer says:

no sv1000s?

i had an sv1000s which was an amazing machine.

used it for work everyday and it handled beautifully,had plenty of power and was up there with the best of them.

Out of all mcn have put in the ten top the ktm superduke has to be number 1.its just an amazing machine to ride.

Reply to this Topic
imorlin

Mar 07

imorlin says:

RSV4 Tuono

I was in Italy for the GP and went upto Noale to the Aprilia headquarters. Spoke to the guy in charge of the tuono project. The bike didn't handle as unfaired so they have had to change the stearing head angle. !cm lower seat, taken a small amount of power off the top end "chewed him a strip off for that" Big news though is the seat, pegs and handle bar grips are the same distance apart as the current tuonos...... First showing will be this november on sale next april. R model first and factory later.... They promice it kicks the ass of every naked bike on the market.... its taken this long because they want it to be a huge leap forward.. they're excited about it, and so should we be.... :)

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

What!

No CX500! :)

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

adventure bikes!

Africa Twin ... KTM 950 Adventure ... Transalp ... Cagiva Elefant.

Adventure bikes make the best V-twins and V-twins make the best adventure bikes.

I liked the 1098 at first but now I just think it looks Jappy. The only thing it's really got going for it is that it looks better than its god-awful predeccesor.

Can't believe the Electra Glide made the list - what the hell were people thinking?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices