Skip to content

Sport Silverstone robbery!!! MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > Silverstone robbery!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ajr1000

Jun 10

ajr1000 says:

Silverstone robbery!!!

Went to Silverstone with my Son for the whole weekend to see MotoGP (£360 package, present from my children) During the Friday night / Sat mornining we were robbed while sleeping:mad: two wallets, credit cards, driving licences, tickets for sat/sun and mobiles and all our cash:mad:  Silverstone police and security were called and have been given details. The police have since informed me that we were just one of 30 plus crimes commited in our campsite on that Friday alone!!! (were you one of the others?)Since we had no cash etc we had no option but to return home and start the process of cancelling cards etc etc! I have since contacted Silverstone with the hope that maybe they would be sympathetic to my plight and maybe offer a refund of some sort or even tickets for another event, how wrong could I have been:blink: Their reply was that the Security had tried its best and has the tickets had been brought from an agency they could'nt help me! Basically...get on with it:mad: ROBBED TWICE, once at Siverstone the second BUY Silverstone. Has anyone had the same treatment??

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (23 June 2010 22:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
isimmins

Mar 07

isimmins says:

Bad news

Sorry to hear your news air1000.  Which bit of the campsite were you in?  Lively or Quiet?

Ian

Reply to this Topic
ajr1000

Jun 10

ajr1000 says:

Silverstone Robbery

Hi Ian, we were in Woodlands Campsite 'B'. It was supposed to be 'lively', i just didnt expect it to be that lively though. Still trying to get some sort of appology or even tickets for another event from silverstone, no luck as yet!! cheers Alan

Reply to this Topic
thepars24

Jul 10

thepars24 says:

Moto Gp Slverstone

Sorry to hear you were hit by robbers at Silverstone, I went with my two small children for the whole weekend and more.
we weren't in any of the official camp sites(prob go thing).
But my story is when we went to Donington 2009, loads of folks around us were ROBBED (we were lucky) of wallets etc using stories of wrong tent etc.
Just next time be more cautious m8, don't put all cash together etc.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices