Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi poised to sign Ducati deal? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi poised to sign Ducati deal?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi poised to sign Ducati deal?

Speculation is rife in Assen that Valentino Rossi is poised to drop another transfer bombshell by confirming he will quit Yamaha and sign a lucrative contract with Ducati.  It is the second time in his illustrious career that Rossi is pondering switching allegiances following his move to Yamaha from Honda for the 2004 world championship campaign. His departure from Yamaha though...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 June 2010 18:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kawasakibiker

May 07

Rossi is driven by his passion to constantly test himself...

You ALL know this right? :biggrin: What about the crafty Italians feeling of revenge? I get the opinion he respects Lorenzo and Yamaha immensely but still, whatever he says, he feels like he has had his nose pushed out of the Yamaha Team, fan limelight (through Lorenzo's ability to pull a whacky celebration off too) and maybe, although winning two more World Titles along the way, he also feels he really now owes them a showing of how vengeful he can be. 

If he goes to Ducati it will be for the money, it will be for the 'Dream Italian Combo' but I honestly believe it will also be to show Yamaha how wrong they were to 'put baby in a corner', as Patrick Swayze once said. 

I'm with him whatever he does. 

We could be seeing the first EVER yellow works Ducati roll out the doors. Imagine that???

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

BULLSHIT

Rossi love sto wind up the so called paparazi.

He'll stay at Yamahar , no question,

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

With an Italian bike and an american sponsor then the Rossi / Hayden team is the dream ticket. Rossi's obviously decided that if he can't go to Ferrari the Ducati's the next best thing. Has anyone ever won the top class on 3 different makes of bike before?

Reply to this Topic
tamounga

Jun 10

tamounga says:

Good Luck

It doesn't matter if Rossi stays or go, 2009 may prove to be his last WC. Stoner on a Honda will be blazingly fast, and Lorenzo keeps getting faster and more consistent. I think the accident actually saved him from being beaten by his teamate for the first time. I guess he should take the big paycheck and hope Ducati is better than both the Honda and the Yamaha next year.

Back in 2004, when Rossi switched, Honda was the best bike but he was by far the fastest rider. Today we have Stoner, Lorenzo, sometimes Pedrosa. If he does it again on the Duc he would be the undiputable GOAT.

Reply to this Topic
ichabod

Jan 09

ichabod says:

Should he stay or should he go

Well, I am a Rossie fan, have been for years. Maybe the change of the guard in the Yamaha paddock was destined to come. Let's face it ,Jorge is fast, an attention hog and an entertainer. Two guys too much alike, something has to give and if Rossie does join Ducati it will be more challenging for him and more interresting for all of us. Make the move Rossie.

Reply to this Topic
jasonoliver1

Jun 10

jasonoliver1 says:

rossi

I KNOW WE ALL LIKE DIFFERENT RIDERS BUT ROSSI IS THE BEST , YOU ALL KNOW IT, WHEN STONER WON THE TITLE IT WAS BECAUSE HIS BIKE WAS SO MUCH FASTER THAN ANY OTHER BIKE HENCE WHY HE IS NOT 10 SECONDS IN FRONT ANY MORE ???? AND YES LORENZO IS GOOD BUT LOOK AT LAST YEAR ROSSI BEAT HIM , NOW I DONT THINK ROSSI WOKE UP THIS YEAR AND HIS TALENT WAS NOT THERE I THINK YOU MIGHT FIND HE HAD A VERY BAD SHOULDER THAT MOST RIDERS WOULD BE DOWN IN TENTH,BUT NO ROSSI COMES SECOND SO HE IS RUBBISH , WAKE UP  WHEN HE IS FIT HE WILL BEAT LORENZO AND STONER , THANKS YOU KNOW I AM RIGHT.

Reply to this Topic
perenialnovice

Nov 05

Rossi should move

he has the prospect of being beaten by Lorenzo therwise. who can tell if Lorenzo is anything like the GOAT in the future. But Rossi rides at 95% Lorenzo seems to have needed to ride at 110% to get near Rossi.

But maybe that effort is changeing

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER

Aug 02

FATFRYER says:

WHO GIVE'S A SH*T.

IT WILL STILL BE THE SAME 5 TOP RIDERS (JUST ON DIFFERENT BIKES) AND THE REST MAKING UP THE NUMBERS, ITS LIKE WATCHING F1 BUT ON TWO WHEELS. SORRY I JUST DON'T THINK IT MAKE FOR GOOD RACING. THATS MY THOUGHTS AND I'AM SURE I WILL BE SLATED FOR THEM AS IS THE NORM.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Fattern up his pension

As soon as he beats Ago`s record number of wins , you wont see his arse for dust. F1 will have a new star and ole Bernie will get more paying fans to see "boring " F1 in the world .

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

Pointless article!!

And what was the point of that article?  There is no evidence to substanciate(sp) Rossi is planning on leaving Yamaha as the man is surely thinking about getting back to the track first to see if he still has the a passion for racing after what could have been a career ending injury.  Who knows, he might return in Brno and think feck this!  I've had enough!  Obviously I hope that this does not happen as MotoGp isn't the same without him and I would like to have seen him retire on his terms then that of a cold tyre.

As pointed out by others, this story has been around for years (just like the F1 drive with Ferrari) and it will be around for years past Rossi's retirement, whenever that might be.

Lets assume Rossi goes to Ducati, will Ducati let him and his race crew of JB and co get the GP11 set up and built to how HE wants it and not how they think the bike should be.  That was a big factor in him leaving HRC in the first place and not going to Ducati for 2004 onwards.  Ducati have been working hard to make the GP10 more rideable for others but that does not mean to say Rossi fits into that category.

However, Vale on a Ducati; Jorge on a Yamaha and Stoner on a Honda could well make for one hell of a season............

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle