Skip to content

Discuss This What price should the new ER-4f be in the UK? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > What price should the new ER-4f be in the UK?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

What price should the new ER-4f be in the UK?

Kawasaki have announced that the new Ninja 400R (or ER-4f in English) will be sold in Canada at $7499 (£4800), but have not confirmed whether it will be coming to the UK. New 400cc Kawasaki models The bike ­ a sleeved down version of the twin-cylinder ER-6f ­ is seen by many as an important way to ease beginners up the motorcycling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (28 June 2010 14:15)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

Much less than the ER6-f

As a proud owner of a new 2009/10 model ER6-f I paid £4,600. I'm very happy with the ER6 although at times a little less weigh and more power would be nice so I struggle to see the point of the ER4 in the UK as the law currently stands. The only think that would possibly make me choose it over the six would be price so I'd say.....£3,899.....is the win price.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I'd price somewhere between the 250 and 650, something like  £4500. Im from Canada and here a 400cc is much cheaper to ride then a 600cc+ but if its not the case in the UK, I don't really see big advantages of the 400cc so it might need to be even a bit cheaper to make it interesting. I think it looks great, I'm sure it will have great handling and top reliability, but think they should have put more effort in making it lighter.

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

price

should be £3600, and it would sell like hot cakes.

Reply to this Topic
JWRPayne

Feb 08

JWRPayne says:

Irrelevant

This is a pointless discussion, as the Kawasaki UK marketing director, Martin Lambert, confirmed that those 400s spotted in that recent advertisement/feature 'will not be coming to the UK.' (http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/three-new-2011-kawasakis-revealed/12221.html) I find it hard to see the relevance of the engine size in the UK, anyway. Admittedly, it's a nice step-up between 125s and 600s, but I moved straight from my 125 to a 750 when I was 21, and am glad I did so. Are they more economical? I guess the insurance could be friendly... Regardless, we're not going to see them any time soon, according to Kawasaki.

Reply to this Topic
CharlieR

Feb 10

CharlieR says:

Running costs

I guess a key factor for a lot of people wanting a step up from 125-dom would be insurance cost, and if the insurance is cheaper, the bike's probably making less power, so would get through tires a little slower. Make it a naked and get it under £4k and, if there's an appreciable difference in insurance/running costs, then it would sell. I reckon not just to the newbies though - if performance is good for most commuting, it'd get a good market there too.

Reply to this Topic
greendemon

Oct 08

greendemon says:

the bird

My Mrs is looking at coming off her 125 and thinks this would be Ideal, but looking at it I think it is a bit of a waste as there wont be a weight saving, or a reduction in seat height. The power reduction for some would be a good thing but how long before you get bored with the power limit.

Reply to this Topic
JWRPayne

Feb 08

JWRPayne says:

@greendemon

Good point about power boredom. I moved straight to a Z750 '09 and know I would have quickly grown tired of any less power. I'm by no means a power-hungry rider.

Reply to this Topic
gizmorun

Feb 10

gizmorun says:

£4000

its all the same tech as the 250r and just a bigger engine.

Reply to this Topic
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

no neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

the uk market does not need this bike- we have the 250 and the 600, also the zx6r. plenty of choice already

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

ER4f

between £4-£4.5k, bearing in mind that the ER6 can be had for around £5k.

If its insurable, and at a sensible price, it may tempt 125 buyers on CBT's to go on and do the test (ie, why spend £3.5 - £4k on the YZF-R125 or Aprilia RS125, if you can get a decent 400 for not much more?)

The other option of course is to charge similar money to the ER6, and add in things that a newbie may need - subsidised insurance schemes, or some kit, which tends to take a substantial bite from an initial budget. Or indeed training (through tie-ups with training schools), to tempt the 125-on-CBT type to go and do the test and take up riding.

A 33bhp option would also be useful for those who don't want to go quite as low as a 250, but who don't want to jump to a 600 straight away.

Though at this stage it's all hypothetical because we don't yet know IF its even coming here....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices