Skip to content

Discuss This MCN World Exclusive: Rossi to Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MCN World Exclusive: Rossi to Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

MCN World Exclusive: Rossi to Ducati

Valentino Rossi will drop a transfer bombshell by quitting Yamaha to sign a shock deal with Ducati. Paddock insiders say the move might even be officially announced at the Catalunya GP this weekend. The lucrative transfer finally became reality after long negotiations with Yamaha collapsed at the 11th hour. A trusted insider told MCN that Rossi is walking out because of a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (30 June 2010 07:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steady2wheels

Sep 08

So who will be filling the empty space at fiat yamaha, stone will obviously be moving to honda, rossi to ducati, so who's taking rossi's old ride then?

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

"I won't have Lorenzo as my team mate"

"Fine, cheerio then"

Rossi has done Honda, done Yamaha, so what's left?

Suzuki would be more of a challenge, but they won't pay the money Ducati will.

That's why he's going to Ducati, it's all that's left for him.

Reply to this Topic
therightstuff

Feb 09

Wow

Great for ITaly, Italian on an Italian bike, it's a marketing dream.  I would love to see him win championships on 3 with 3 different manufacturers + would be interesting having Rossi & Hayden as team mates

Reply to this Topic
mr zulu

Mar 07

mr zulu says:

bring it on..

i seem to remember that the honda was the best bike on the grid when he lef there too,its taken them a few yearsto find their way again.I hope he suceeds at ducati .The races between him and lorenzo hopefully will be full on gloves off affairs.

Reply to this Topic
EllisSpoon

May 10

EllisSpoon says:

Rossi / Fiat

Just a thought, but if Rossi goes to ducati, with their Malboro sponsorship covering both Ducati and Ferarri (fiat), how will that go with regards to yamaha factory sponsorship?

And surely, the biggest advantage to sponsoring the team would have been being able to plaster Rossi's face all over the Italian advertising? Maybe Pedrosa / Repsol to yamaha then?

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

2011 predictions

Yamaha - Lorenzo and Spies

Ducati - Rossi (with current pit crew) and Haydon

Honda - Pederosa and Stoner (possibly a 3 man team with Dovisio if he maintains top 5 placing in the championship)

Suzuki - who knows but I suspect Capirossi will be looking for a change unless the bike becomes more competitive. If Paul Denning cant turn the results around I suspect suzuki may look at drafting in a new team manager.

Only really competitive riders left are De Puniet and Melandri. Edwards will probably stay at Tech 3 unless he decides to call it a day. Simoncelli to remain in a satellite honda team.

Unfortunately  the reality is that the rest of the riders are generally just making the numbers up. I can see crutchlow being offered a seat at Tech 3 but not sure if he'd take it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Good

Nothing short of the writing on the wall from last year. No way could Yamaha get rid of a current world champion, that would be madness. Good on Rossi for wanting a challenge because he sure as hell has one now. Jerry will be there sprinkling his magic dust on the bike as usual.

Reply to this Topic
gezjay

Jun 10

gezjay says:

well i can not blame rossi for leaving yamaha as the pay ct he has taken too save the company is being used too pay lorenzo 50% more wages witch is wrong and ducati also offered rossi f1 and rallying as that are the other sports has interests in as for fiat yamaha well who knows

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

Rossi to Ducati

I think there are a number of factors. Burgess and Rossi have taken the Yam to the top from being aweful. Then Lorenzo hops on and becomes an overnight success.

Rossi cannot win this year, and Lorenzo will be well ahead on the Yam.

The only real challenge left is Ago's record and riding an Italian bike as he did when he started his career.

To say it will not be a challenge to win on the Ducati I think is an understatement. The whole team dynamic will be tricky, will Ducati listen? Will JB go with Rossi? Ducati need a consistent bike. They need more riders who can ride it well, Rossi can do that for them. I think he will as the Yam is now really competitive and they can influence the new Ducati with the new capacity before they are on the grid.

JB is 58 this yr, 2 years with Ducati and then retire to drink tinnies with Doohan back home.

He has shown he can beat Lorenzo on the Yamaha, so now he can finish off Lorenzo on the Ducati and show Stoner how to ride it properly, then retire.

He was also at Hhhhonda with Hayden and I reckon they would get on well. Italian (Ducati, Fiat, Ferrari) and American rider Marlboro, how much money will that bring in.

He has a career path after motogp with Ducati as well.

Look forward to it. Now back to the racing for this year.

Reply to this Topic
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

you fool

barbariccub ---- the m1 is rossi's bike. before he signed for yamaha the m1 was a dog (see max biaggi) rossi turned yamaha around . ROSSI CREATED THE M1'S SUCCESS. NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND. OMG

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices