Skip to content

Discuss This Honda plan ‘super team’ for 2011 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda plan ‘super team’ for 2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda plan ‘super team’ for 2011

Honda is considering assembling a star-studded factory ‘super team’ for 2011 in a desperate attempt to win back the MotoGP crown. HRC management confirmed recently they are locked in talks with Australian Casey Stoner over a big-money switch from Ducati. But it has emerged that HRC was not only eyeing Stoner as a potential acquisition to partner Dani Pedrosa. The Japanese factory is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (30 June 2010 10:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tamounga

Jun 10

tamounga says:

Who will be #1?

It's all well  and good for 2011 since Honda already have a good bike and it will be the last year of the 800cc. Now, assuming Honda keeps the same"super team" for 2012, who will take the lead in developing the new 1000cc bike? Both Stoner and Pedrosa have prior experience with the 990cc ( Pedrosa to a greater extent since he was a factory rider), I believe it will be Stoner since Pedrosa did not deliver on the 800cc. As a good developer though Stoner is still a question mark; I think Capirossi did the work on Ducati an Stoner just clicked with it, hence the lack of improvement since Cap left. To me manufacturers should be thinking about the 1000cc when they are signing new riders. I give the upper hand to whoever Rossi rides for, even if it is Suzuki. He and Burgess know how to make a bike go fast after it comes out of the prototype lab. Even with a lack of power in 07 I think fitted with a pair of Brigestone they would have given Stoner and Ducati a good run for there money.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Honda is No.1

Their bike is more important than the riders remember. Anyway who cares? They'll all get the same thing at the start of the season. Up to the riders to prove their worth to Mr Honda thereafter.

As for Loris doing the groundwork for Casey? Well yeah to some degree on the 990's, but we're talking a brand new machine for 2007. I think perhaps you might want to give Guareschi and the engineers a little credit there too.

Stoner seems to get his machine set-up pretty well on the whole, so it's fair to say him and his team know what they're doing. I don't see 2011 in the red corner being any different.

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

One thing is a furking certainty...

Dovi aside it will have the two most whiny-miserable twats in MotoGP in the same team. Dani can "suck the atmosphere from the Albert Hall' as Charlie Cox put it and Stoner could turn anything into an excuse for the fact he's just a cock. THAT aside they will potentially have the fastest two guys in MotoGP on the same bike too. Could be fun.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

OOOH superTEAM

I thought it said Superdream I was waiting for a hi-tech 250 twin :P

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Stoners team?

How many people would stoner take from the Ducati factory team? He and the guys there seems to click really well. If they go with him to Honda, I will be OK with his switch. Its gonna be weird though, seeing him back in Honda machine.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Kawasakibiker says

Blah blah blah blah blah Stoner blah blah blah blah Stoner blah blah blah blah blah Stoner. You're 34 not 13!!    Bout time you grew up ain't it?

Reply to this Topic
travis73

Jun 07

travis73 says:

CH987

Spot on!!

Reply to this Topic
nomad66

Mar 10

nomad66 says:

more bikes

if it means more bikes on the grid then good as has been seen this year a few injuries and the like and the races become a joke can't wait for a wet race could you imagine it we could have 8 finishers.

Reply to this Topic
EllisSpoon

May 10

EllisSpoon says:

2 factory teams?

Wouldn't it be more cost effective for honda to make the LCR team a two rider outfit with factory machines, as de puniet seems to be earning a shot this year, and  they've done it before with melandri. And to solve sponsorship issues, they could split with red bull, one repsol bike in each team, and one red bull. I'd go for stoner/pedrosa, de puniet/dovizioso.

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

daft when you think

they had Hayden and Biaggi, both better than their current rider choices.

If I was going to steal anyone for big money it would be Spies, if it didnt work out he would get the WSBK title for them, if it doesnt work with Stoner what would you do with him??  Plus Stoner might expect to be the main man and it could lead to more problems.

So mine would be Spies, Randy and either of the existing riders.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices