Skip to content

Discuss This BMW announces K1600 GT and K1600 GTL six-cylinder tourers New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > BMW announces K1600 GT and K1600 GTL six-cylinder tourers

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

BMW announces K1600 GT and K1600 GTL six-cylinder tourers

BMW will produce TWO versions of it’s all-new 1600cc straight six-cylinder tourer – the K1600GT and K1600GTL. Video: BMW K1600GT adaptive headlight explained The K1600 GT will be similar in concept to the K1300GT – a comfortable, gadget-laden tourer but with a riding position and setup to give it some sporting ability. BMW K1600LT spy shot The K1600GTL will be the super-tourer to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 July 2010 11:19)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

Like the Styling

I'd never buy one but if it does look like the drawing it will be the best looking BMW ever.

Reply to this Topic
davali

Oct 06

davali says:

K1600GT

Drawing looks interesting and spec looks top drawer.. wonder what it will cost?

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

I'm guessing 16 grand +. Great bike by the sound of it - but out of my league.

Reply to this Topic
Aridzoner

Aug 09

Aridzoner says:

A really useful improvement and contribution to safe riding. Well done BMW! No doubt some jaded journos will carp that it's another Quirky gimmick from BMW but this really is a step forward and worth having. Thanks for the news flash MCN!

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Wow overkill

Everytime I see bikes like this I can't help thinking that someone should bring the original Golwing GL1000 back as a sports tourer...

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Breakfast run bikes.

More ghastly X6 sized, 2 wheeled, powered vehicles from BMW.

Will BMW fit the "auto stop start" function for fuel economy like they do in their cars, because you will be sat in traffic a longtime not able to filter on that barge ?

It must have Wi fi,  broadband and I-pod docking station or I`m not buying one ! !

Yuck !

Reply to this Topic
ianp5uk

Aug 07

ianp5uk says:

Pah

More cylinders and electronics to go wrong. Total overkill, I hope no one buys them and they get their fingers burnt.

I'll stick with my ST1100 for touring. Carbs, only electronics is the CDI, enough torque for touring 2 up with luggage, comfortable, 50 mpg at touring speeds and over 200 miles between fill up. It was made in 1992 and is still going strong I wonder how long this BMW will last? It'll be too expensive to service in 5 years when things start going wrong and it'll have to be scrapped. But hey at least it meets Euro emissions so the boxes are ticked and everyone is happy pretending to save the planet.

Reply to this Topic
chuckster243

Oct 04

chuckster243 says:

paulvt1

Dude, where you been? The GT's are in the $22K range now. I'm thinking $25k-$29k. I'll just take a left over 1300, or a good used 1200, thanks.

Reply to this Topic
sidecarjohn

Jun 09

sidecarjohn says:

Left Us Behind

No doubting the technology, but this is yet another chapter in the machinery being totally unrealistic. Whilst the inevitable problems and recalls will hopefully resolve the failings, long term ownership will be a no go zone. Cannot even contemplate replacement costs as things wear, or in the case of electronics simply fail.

Remember when BMW used to go on about "residuals" and the value of their machinery long term. No doubt the faithful will buy to keep up with the Schmidts, but it won't do anything to gain more motorcyclists, just elderly, wealthier pensioners. Oh, and isn't the recession about to really kick in ? 

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

I hope the bearboxes are more reliable than the New S1000RR.

Horror stories of failures on road and race bikes

I wouldnt touch a BMW with a barge pole these days.

Tottally unreliable, overpriced rubbish,

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle